Vacuum gauge instead of Scangauge? - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Hypermiling
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2007, 04:52 PM   #41
Registered Member

OK, thanks for the feedback on my WOT. Maybe I'll 1/2 or 3/4 it to the ceiling speed of my P&G routine. The car seems to vibrate more at high-gear WOT; maybe this is just a byproduct of the funky holes I drilled in my "pumpkin" muffler. I hope that thing rusts thru so I can replace it with a DynoMax, lol.

I think you're right about the "tension point"; I can kind of feel the throttle position sweet spot. It's a tradeoff between spending less time in Pulse and more time in Glide vs. trying not to run obscenely rich during Pulse.

Geez, you guys, all this P&G theory drives my undiagnosed OCD crazy when I test it out on the road and imagine everything that's happening inside the intake/cylinders. Lol.

Team: Right Lane Rollers
Jim Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:27 AM   #42
Registered Member

Wow, I just looked at the SGII website. I didn't realize it had so many functions (pulling codes!) or was so easy to install! Looks like I'll have to save up my monthly spending "allowance".

Team: Right Lane Rollers
Jim Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:50 AM   #43
Registered Member

No worries. It's always good to have a mention of that when discussing P&G techniques anyway, would hate for a lurker to see that, and think it's OK for him to P&G engine off in his automatic. Next thing you know he's on the side of the road cursing the site and considering buying a Hummer for revenge.

Telco is offline   Reply With Quote