Honda Fit Hybrid - April '07 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Hybrid Vehicles
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2006, 06:11 PM   #1
Registered Member

pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL698/4382742/9261619/132319653.jpg[/IMG] OK, I've admitted that it looks like a complete dorkmobile, but with a hybrid hooked-up to its little engine, think of the mileage! It would have to get in the 60s. Honda isn't sp

OK, I've admitted that it looks like a complete dorkmobile, but with a hybrid hooked-up to its little engine, think of the mileage! It would have to get in the 60s. Honda isn't speculating, just teasing for now: http://www.cars.com/go/news/Story.js...=&aff=national

You'd definitely have to get the body kit for it to look aggressive.

RH77

Old 03-07-2006, 06:15 PM   #2
*shrug*

Yeah, I've heard people

Yeah, I've heard people whining about this. I dunno though. Good for honda, pug fugly thing though.

Whatev, I hate all new hondas and I'll just leave it at that (Except the insight).

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:31 PM   #3
Registered Member

Die-Hard Honda

Honda/Acura has treated us with the best reliability we could've asked for in every one we've owned. Other makes, not so much. My wife and I have flat-out decided to buy only Honda vehicles. It's funny, because we decided the same thing independently before we met. I know, I like the older Hondas too, but look at the Fit -- you could probably attain Insight mileage, AND haul 3-4 passengers with their stuff. The Insight is really an experimental 2-seater, and not too practical -- but credited as the first available in the U.S., so kudos there. I tend to buy new because I don't know the history of the vehicle. That leaves a few options. What I really want is the new Civic Si Sedan that might debut next year -- but it's not efficient :-(

RH77
Old 03-07-2006, 06:41 PM   #4
*shrug*

I dunno, I'm never planning

I dunno, I'm never planning on buying a new car anyway. But my main beef with honda is their lack of dedication to efficieny. You'd think they could offer at least one option that didn't get ****ty mileage. It's not hard to take the same exact chassis and everything and just build the same motor but with less displacement and power and eliminate some of the power bull****. But they just don't want to do it. Honda has gone from power on one end and super efficiency on the other to everything somewhere in the middle with a huge price tag tacked on to it. Damn you honda.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:45 PM   #5
Registered Member

Why don't they improve the

Why don't they improve the hybrid stuff in the new civic. Make it drive up to 40mph on electric power and also get 60+mpg.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:55 PM   #6
*shrug*

I think the HCH is the tame

I think the HCH is the tame hybrid, meaning it doesn't really do much as a hybrid, but it does put up good numbers (50 mpg combined).
Old 03-07-2006, 06:59 PM   #7
Registered Member

I haven't been a huge fan of

I haven't been a huge fan of hondas new cars either. The last model year of a car I might buy from them would be the 01 Integra or the 00 Civic. There move to McPherson strut was a step backwards in my opinion. Now with the introduction of the Fit, I can see why the civic has been getting fatter and fatter over the years, it was making a place for a smaller car.

I will say that I love the new k-series motors, they are about as close to a true race motor that I've seen in a production car, about the only other step they could take in that direction would be a dry sump oil pump.

One of these days when I get the time, I think I'm going to buy a 96 Civic CX Hatchback and drop a k20 or k24 vtec motor in it. If you've never driven one of those style "hybrids" you would be amazed!
Old 03-07-2006, 07:01 PM   #8
*shrug*

Quote:There move to

Quote:
There move to McPherson strut was a step backwards in my opinion.
Hellz yeah.

Quote:
One of these days when I get the time, I think I'm going to buy a 96 Civic CX Hatchback and drop a k20 or k24 vtec motor in it. If you've never driven one of those style "hybrids" you would be amazed!
Some dude has put a k20 in an insight and has hit 9.97 on the richter scale with it. Also holds the top speed record for a fwd thingy at like 136 or something silly. So yeah.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:10 PM   #9
Registered Member

those hybrid civics are

those hybrid civics are nice. I've seen plenty of them at the track. They run low 13's

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:11 PM   #10
*shrug*

You mean hybrid as in b

You mean hybrid as in b swaps or with electronic motor assist?