Prius plugin charging - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Hybrid Vehicles
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2017, 06:49 AM   #21
Registered Member

Sounds good. The dealer will answer to Toyota for their decision. You can be confident it is basically Toyota's decision. Even from Japan if necessary. They stay on top of the dealerships.
I look forward to finding out what happens.
Notice.... All they're talking about is you possibly paying for the diagnostics. Nothing else mentioned about you paying for anything.

Old 07-12-2017, 07:16 AM   #22
Registered Member

Certainly no offense taken.

priusplugin0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 07:25 AM   #23
Registered Member

Well... though they did provide me with a claim number we are very early in the process. The "Adolescent" that took the call was not well versed in the claims process and used a lot of vauge language when asked how the process would proceed.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:45 PM   #24
Registered Member

As a preface in the previous conversation with toyota I was told that the nearest toyota dealership that could service the plugin was in Ftlauderdale, I explained to the rep that was over 300 miles from me I and asked for them to get back with me with a solution that would be acceptable to both sides and they agreed.
OK Here's what occurred yesterday in my conversation with the toyota representative. I spoke with the toyota rep who said that because the plugin was not distributed in my state the only acceptable solution to them would be for me to transport the vehicle to Ftlauderdale for evaluation and then transport the vehicle back. I asked if there were any other options and he continued to repeat the script. I said I did not find that as an acceptable resolution and asked to have the complaint raised to the next level he said this was the final word and they could not make any efforts towards a resolution.

I find it hard to believe that is how toyota would have liked the issue handled.
My next step will be to write the executives at toyota directly by certified mail.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:40 AM   #25
Registered Member

And post it here. And on every other Prius site you can find, and Facebook, and ......
Embarrass them as best you can!

What was the name of the dealership you contacted?
Old 08-15-2017, 05:02 AM   #26
Registered Member

"... the plugin was not distributed in my state the only acceptable solution to them would be for me to transport the vehicle to Ftlauderdale..."

It wasn't distributed in Florida either.

Post on Priuschat.com, and call out @Prius Team. Toyota actually watches that site.
trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 04:38 PM   #27
Registered Member

I was composing my letter to Toyota national when In I got a call from someone at the national office advising that a semi local toyota dealer would do the diagnostic.
I took the car in today and the service manager said they found no deficits in the traction battery, however they did find that the 12 volt battery had some deficits. He said that due to the "learning" aspect of the car we keep hearing about that MAY affect the miles available per charge and they offered to replace the 12 volt battery for $300.

So is this as easy as removing the old battery and replacing it with a new battery as I have done with previous conventional vehicles or is there something unique about this vehicle?
Old 08-22-2017, 07:32 PM   #28
LDB
Registered Member

Is that the same 12v battery Auto Zone sells for $119 and installs for free?

LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 07:20 AM   #29
Registered Member

Prime owners have reported some weirdness, like tail lights staying on, after the tint shop ran down.

Should be nothing special to install the battery. Be sure you get a vented battery, and have the tubing installed since it is in the cabin. The tube was snapped in my HHR. Thought nothing of it, and then there was a story about a poor woman and her child dying when the battery leaked hydrogen sulfide into the cabin.

trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prius plugin