Fuelly iOS Announcement - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2013, 01:25 AM   #11
Registered Member

I've been using GasTracker for the past few months.

I already have GasCubby as well, I purchased it for $5 a year or two back. My question is, once it is updated with fuelly features will I have to buy the app again or are you releasing it as an update to the application?

BTW, I am running iOS7 and have requested to help as beta tester for this app.

lexusvishal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:20 AM   #12
Site Team

You would not need to buy the app again, we'll continue with the same model as before with a free version (with ads) and a paid version (without ads). The new version of GasCubby will be pushed out as an update.

We don't want people to look at their phones and wonder "where is my Gas Cubby app" so at this time were thinking the process will be to leave the icon the same but change the name to Gas Fuelly. Then later on, with another update, we'll change the name to just Fuelly but still keep the Gas Cubby icon. Lastly, at some future date we'll switch the icon out for Fuelly's. We're hoping a phased approach like this will help ensure a smooth transition for our users.

If you all have any other questions, please post them here!

andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #13
Registered Member

Thanks for the quick replies andyrobo. I deleted the GasTracker app a few days ago but downloaded it again tonight at your request. When I click on my car in the "Garage" tab, I still get no fuelly data on my car. BTW, I'm on an iPhone 5 running 6.1.4 if that helps. I know you're working on fixes, but I think I'll stick with the web app for now. Thanks!
jmp316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:20 PM   #14

Will this app work in the UK?
VTDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #15
Site Team

Yes, our intent is to develop for the earth. We want Fuelly to be available for everyone.
andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #16
Registered Member

This is fantastic news. I was about to start writing my own iOS/Android application to do this.

I am unable to find GasCubby/Fuelly on the South African iTunes Store.

Please advise.
allancawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:34 AM   #17
Registered Member

Just started using GasCubby and Fuelly, but like them both so far. Can't wait for the integration and beta testing!

One thing I'd like to change in the GasCubby app, is the ability to add/delete service reminders (like in fuelly). Currently, GasCubby has a list of service reminders with preset names with no way to edit the names or add your own service reminder.

On that note, I like how GasCubby has both alert with miles and months (whichever comes first). It would be nice if we could do the same in Fuelly -- enter the miles AND months.

Understandably, you've got a lot on your plate right now, but this is something I'd like in the update for the new GasCubby and Fuelly.
aliciousness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:51 AM   #18
Registered Member

I've been using GasCubby for years, please don't f it up.

aliciousness - To add a service reminder scroll to the bottom of the services list while entering a new service. Once you've added the service you can edit the reminder by tapping the 'i' beside the vehicle name at bottom of screen then edit vehicle, then service reminders. Never realized you can't edit the name until now, but you can delete some services by tapping edit in the bottom left corner of the services screen while entering a new service.

LittleHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:06 AM   #19
Registered Member

I agree with LittleHim. I have 2 years of data entered into Gas Cubby for my vehicles ... please don't F it up!

Change the name and logo all you want, just do not change what the app does on the inside or lose my data.

I am just now aware of the change, trying to figure out what is going on as I see Gas Cubby had a new developer name in iTunes. Searching I found this announcement, signed up for Fuelly, its still new to me and doesn't have all my data in it (I assume that will sync over time) but I still like Cubby way better, Cubby's Stats page and Graphs are great.

I look forward to improvements but dread any big changes.

Who runs the Gas Cubby app now ... is it the App Cubby crew (now called Contrast, which is another revelation to me) or is it the Fuelly team?

Thanks
MetalBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:21 AM   #20
Registered Member

Never mind, I am already finding some Twitter postings that are answering questions I have...

MetalBird is offline   Reply With Quote