Fuelly iOS Announcement - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2014, 12:39 PM   #31
Registered Member

Hey Andy -
Really looking forward to the updated gascubby app.
couple of quick questions...
from a timing standpoint - you've said summer. do you have any idea of if it is sooner or later?
secondly - is there any new features in the upgraded app?
In particular I'm looking for the ability to put in a historical set of data in a csv and upload it into the app...

Thanks very much!

toddbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:13 PM   #32
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddbg View Post
Hey Andy -
Really looking forward to the updated gascubby app.
couple of quick questions...
from a timing standpoint - you've said summer. do you have any idea of if it is sooner or later?
secondly - is there any new features in the upgraded app?
In particular I'm looking for the ability to put in a historical set of data in a csv and upload it into the app...

Thanks very much!
The Fuelly team had a meeting earlier this afternoon.

We're shooting to have a Beta release for the updated GasCubby around the same time iPhone 6 and iOS 8 roll out!

That's right... just around the corner!

Importing a CSV sounds like something that could definitely be done, especially once integrate fully with Fuelly.com (you could import the CSV to Fuelly, and have it completely view-able from the mobile app).

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:07 AM   #33
Registered Member

How do I recover my data from my iPhone backup from GasCubby to import into Fuelly? GasCubby is absolutely incompatible with iOS 8 and is my most regularly used app. I'm not certain the syncing was working, because if it was not auto sync (which is the only logical thing to do) I'm not backed up except through that iPhone backup.
EMPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:23 AM   #34
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPhoto View Post
How do I recover my data from my iPhone backup from GasCubby to import into Fuelly? GasCubby is absolutely incompatible with iOS 8 and is my most regularly used app. I'm not certain the syncing was working, because if it was not auto sync (which is the only logical thing to do) I'm not backed up except through that iPhone backup.
Sorry you're having trouble! With the official launch of iOS 8 around the corner, one of our top goals is to ensure our apps are ready.
That being said, what specific issues are you having with GasCubby? In our testing with the beta, we've only uncovered a bug with graphs when rotating the screen. We haven't had any issues with syncing data from a device running iOS7 into a device running iOS8.

The lack of auto-sync is how GasCubby was originally designed but we are addressing that in a future update.

If you're looking to just export the fill-up data and import it into Fuelly, then please follow these steps on emailing your records as a CSV- http://www.fuelly.com/gascubby/suppo.../gcexport.html

Afterwards, importing them into Fuelly is detailed here- http://www.fuelly.com/faq/10/How-do-...t-fuel-up-data
Old 09-10-2014, 06:25 AM   #35
Registered Member

I'm on a dev upgrade to the GM doing some final testing, GasCubby just crashes upon launch. So unless the data is in the iPhone backup on my computer I'm screwed. There is no way to export from the app because the app will not run.
EMPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:29 AM   #36
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm on a dev upgrade to the GM doing some final testing, GasCubby just crashes upon launch. So unless the data is in the iPhone backup on my computer I'm screwed. There is no way to export from the app because the app will not run.
Same here. Developer GM release of iOS8, and crash on launch. I've been syncing, and my wife's iPhone is still on 7, so no data loss, but I can no longer run GasCubby on my iPhone. I can add a crash report once I get to my work computer in an hour or so (presumably) - my home machine isn't set up to pull them.
ibrewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:41 AM   #37
Registered Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrewster View Post
Same here. Developer GM release of iOS8, and crash on launch. I've been syncing, and my wife's iPhone is still on 7, so no data loss, but I can no longer run GasCubby on my iPhone. I can add a crash report once I get to my work computer in an hour or so (presumably) - my home machine isn't set up to pull them.
I've forwarded this to our Developers.
We'll look into this and get back to you both.
Thank you for bringing this to out attention.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:51 AM   #38
Site Team

We have been testing Gas Cubby on the previous Beta versions and the only issue we could find was with charting when the app was turned sideways. It's unfortunate to hear the GM version is causing these issues and we are looking into them as I type this. Please rest assured that your data is safe.

The new version of Gas Cubby uses a new database storage engine and data model. We build the upgrade to leave the old database in place, untouched, and simply import the data in our new database. This way if an import were to fail we still have the old data in an untouched format. So your data should be safe on your phone and thus you should not lose any data.

The new version of Gas Cubby is a complete rewrite. Some of the old code dates back to the first gen iPhones and is likely the issue here. So the new version is already being designed for the larger screen with autolayout elements. It's going to be the foundation for the future and allow us to iterate and deploy fixes and new features more quickly.

We are just about to submit the latest version of Gas Cubby to Test Flight so we can test some more. We'll try to push out the public update ASAP but we have to make sure it's ready. So please be patient and we'll post an update to this thread so you can get a subscription notification when it's been uploaded and awaiting review by Apple.
andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:54 AM   #39
Registered Member

It seems fuelly only concentrate on fuel.?
Gas cubby had maintenance as well.
Will fuelly incorporate this?
Gas cubby was a very good one stop shop with most features.
The additional fields of gas cubby were alao very handy.
Would love to see some reports by fuel grade(octane level).
Reports on most frequent fuel used, fuel station.
Also: show fuel comsumption with maintenance events included to show the potentiL of regular maintenance

Regards
Nicolaas
South Africa
npvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:56 AM   #40
Registered Member

I am attaching my Crash log, in ZIP format (the raw text version came in at 43k, too large for the paltry 20k you allow). Hopefully it's of some use, although if you have been able to re-produce the crash it may not be. Thanks for looking into this!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Gas Cubby 9-10-14 6-25 AM.crash.zip (12.9 KB, 63 views)

ibrewster is offline   Reply With Quote