Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2016, 03:10 PM   #1
Site Team

Lightbulb Gas Cubby 3.0 Update #4 - New Version Released Today

This email is being sent out at 6:45 pm CST this evening:

Hello Gas Cubby Users,

An update to Gas Cubby (v3.0.8) went live today, September 9, 2016. As previously mentioned in our last update, v3.0.8 will address many of your concerns. This new version contains the following fixes.
  • Added the ability to re-run upgrade from v2.7 to 3.0 if you had issues (see below).
  • Resolved issue of missing vehicles after initial v2.7 to 3.0 upgrade.
  • Resolved issue of missing data including fuel-ups, service entries, and vehicle information fields (VIN, License Plate, Tire Size, etc.) after initial v2.7 to 3.0 upgrade.
  • Created a tool to highlight duplicate service reminders.
  • Clarified wording during upgrade from 2.7 to 3.0. Please make sure to take your time and read all the text on each screen.
  • Added a prompt to clarify process of how to sync multiple devices.
  • Other Synchronization Updates and Fixes.
We are posting the information on how to run these fixes on our forums. You can access the fixes from the following links:

If you are missing vehicles, fuel-ups, service entries or vehicle information (VIN, License Plate, Tire Size, etc.) after initial v2.7 to 3.0 upgrade. Please re-run the 2.7 to 3.0 upgrade (NOTE: any data added to the app since 3.0 was released will be deleted.). Instructions on how to re-run the 2.7 to 3.0 upgrade can be found at the following link:
http://www.fuelly.com/forums/f39/mis...ade-18895.html

If you have duplicate service reminders, please visit the following link to learn how to resolve this issue:
http://www.fuelly.com/forums/f39/dup...ers-18897.html

If you have duplicate vehicles, please visit the following link to learn about how to resolve the issue:
http://www.fuelly.com/forums/f39/dup...les-18896.html

Instructions on how to Sync between multiple devices:
http://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/how...ade-18899.html

We are aware of a few other smaller issues and are working to resolve them in our next app update. Please be patient.

Kind Regards,

The GasCubby/Fuelly Team

andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 02:39 AM   #2
Registered Member

Thumbs up Finally was able to upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrobo View Post
This email is being sent out at 6:45 pm CST this evening:

We are aware of a few other smaller issues and are working to resolve them in our next app update. Please be patient.

Kind Regards,

The GasCubby/Fuelly Team
Since you didn't elaborate on the known issues, I should say that my upgrade went OK despite not a lot of support from posted email. The plan last submitted to you by email was what worked for me. Note that I had only ONE device on Gas Cubby 2.7.5 to contend with.

My step-by-step used on my single GC2.7.5 -> GC 3.0.8 upgrade on my iPhone was:
  1. Sync the data in iTunes (in my case) to the local Mac with a cable attached,
  2. Upgrade the app (to 3.0.8) from iTunes Store.
  3. Log-in the new app to the same email address.
  4. Create a new account with that email address used in GC 2.7.5 (disregard any existing email addresses used previously in Fuelly, if any).
  5. Log will automatically download.
  6. Update the vehicle info with missing data from the GC2.7.5 download (certain info about vehicles comes up missing since it doesn't match up to the field in the new Fuelly version.
  7. Verify that fillups database info is current and complete.

Next devices upgrade(s) are easier:
  1. Sync the device with a cable to back up your previous data.
  2. Download/install the new app from iTunes which deletes any previous versions of GC that exist on that device.
  3. Use the same log-in info from the above install to download the database of existing information.
  4. Use either device to input new data (Fill-ups, etc.).
  5. The new data will be reflected on all devices.

• 2016 Honda CRV EX-L
Henry-In-Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:55 AM   #3
Registered Member

So is there a procedure for when you have re-migrated your data (I have not deleted or downgraded Fuelly) and you have your gas fill-ups but the fuel amounts are all zeros? I also tried re-migrating using the backup data URL from the email with same result. Thanks.
omegahelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:12 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegahelix View Post
So is there a procedure for when you have re-migrated your data (I have not deleted or downgraded Fuelly) and you have your gas fill-ups but the fuel amounts are all zeros? I also tried re-migrating using the backup data URL from the email with same result. Thanks.
My experience is identical to OmegaHelix.
dieselsmoke1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 02:44 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Could you please let us at least know if you are aware of this issue and are working on it? Thanks.
Old 09-15-2016, 03:30 PM   #6
Registered Member

Omega and Disel,
Before we migrate your data or touch it in any way, the data is backed up. I looked at the backups and there is no cost data in them. My only guess is that you didn't enter cost data when you entered it. In addition, I loaded the data in Gas Cubby 2.7 and no cost data shows. I will PM you the screenshots.
FreeLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:28 PM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeLunch View Post
Omega and Disel,
Before we migrate your data or touch it in any way, the data is backed up. I looked at the backups and there is no cost data in them. My only guess is that you didn't enter cost data when you entered it. In addition, I loaded the data in Gas Cubby 2.7 and no cost data shows. I will PM you the screenshots.
I think the problem is that there is no volume data. Or at least that's my issue.

Every entry that had no cost data now shows no volume data either. The volume data used to be there pre V3 and now it's not.
dslbvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:39 PM   #8
Registered Member

Ahh Volume Data! Yes -- we found that bug and we're currently testing a fix for that. The bug occurs only when there is no fuel cost data. We expect to release that version very soon! Please hang in there -- we'll get this fixed.
FreeLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:04 AM   #9
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. Yes, volume was my issue as well. I have never entered any cost data.
Old 09-20-2016, 07:59 AM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Yes, volume was my issue as well. I have never entered any cost data.
Once again, same as OmegaHelix. I never bother with cost info when I fill up, as that has never been a data point that I track.

Thank you guys for the update

dieselsmoke1967 is offline   Reply With Quote