Gas Cubby Feature Requests - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2013, 02:52 AM   #1
Registered Member

Gas Cubby Feature Requests

I couldn't find any Gas Cubby feature request threads, so I thought I'd start one.

I've been using Gas Cubby now for about 4 years. I love the app and use it to record my fuel and vehicle expenses. However, there is no report inside Gas Cubby to display just the expenses. When you turn an iPhone on its side while using Gas Cubby, you can flip through some reports, but you only get a graph of expenses, no summary report like you do for gas. Therefore, you have to manually add up all your expenses for the past year, or whatever time frame you want. It would be great to be able to see an expense report for the last month, 6 months, year, etc., like you can for gas.

Also, when running reports, it would be nice to be able to specify a custom date range.

If Fuelly is taking over Gas Cubby, you may want to add a forum category for it.

khenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:56 AM   #2
Registered Member

Is the data from gas cubby going to be transferred to fuelly as I have two

Years of data for two cars that I hate to lose with gas cubby.

Is this possible?

zpak69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:53 AM   #3
Registered Member

I'm also very concerned about Gas Cubby information being transitioned to Fuelly. I've been using it for more than 5 years, and I picked the app because it allows me to track my maintenance as well as fuel. The app has been exactly what I needed, and I'm worried that some of the functionality Gas Cubby has had (as mentioned above: charts, sorting, reports) will not be a part of the app when it's moved to Fuelly.

Is there any information about which features will stay and which (if any) we'll lose?
Johnsons93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #4
Site Team

@khenn - thanks for the feedback. We will take note and roll out a maintenance log at some point. It might not be the next release but we have a similar vision and it sounds like a doable screen to develop.

Your data is safe. It will remain on your phone and you will be prompted to link with a Fuelly account which will then store your data in the cloud. It will be available locally so you can add a fuel up or look at the data/charts when a connection is not available.
andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:29 AM   #5
Registered Member

I've been using Gas Cubby since it started ... If you want to export your data as a csv, you can manipulate it in a spreadsheet for summaries, stats, etc.

I'm using v 2.5 ... you get the export dialog by tapping the search symbol to see the Export button on the upper right. Tapping that button brings up an e-mail interface to which the data is automatically appended. Hope this helps in the mean time ... and hope they keep this available!! I use it monthly.

GL Wilson
GLWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:53 AM   #6
Registered Member

I hope there will be support for multiple users to share the same data, as there is in GasCubby. My wife and I both use GasCubby, and routinely add fillups on each others vehicles, then we hit the sync button, and both of our iPhones get merged, updated data.

Does Fuelly have the ability to handle more than one user on an account?
SUVdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:15 PM   #7
Registered Member

At this writing, Fuelly and Gas Cubby are still completely separate entities. When is that going to change? How do I associate the data logged in my Gas Cubby app with my Fuelly account? Will the data be merged at some point?

I can't believe that I'm the only one that is wondering about this?

Please... enlighten me!
Jashue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:12 AM   #8
Registered Member

I have been using Gas Cubby for about 2 years and find it very useful. Some features that would make Gas Cubby (or its successor) even more useful or easier to use:
* Enable the lists of locations, services, fuel brands, payment types and tags to be extended, shortened and edited independently of other data entry operations.
* Enable the list of octane ratings to be extended and shortened as well as edited.
* Enable the entry of fuel discounts (actually multiple discounts) in addition to the basic fuel cost for each transaction and for the discounts to be aggregated. It should be possible to enter discounts as an amount per unit volume of fuel, as a percentage of cost or as a total discount amount.
* Enable recommended and actual tyre pressures to be entered separately for front and rear tyres and and for the recommended pressures to be shown for various loads (where applicable).
* Enable the one device (iPhone, iPad, etc) to sync multiple accounts depending on the vehicle: That is, attach an account or accounts to a vehicle rather than the device.
* The following will require worldwide co-ordination and standardisation amongst fuel outlets: It would be useful for the printed receipt from a fuel outlet to include a QR code containing standardised details of the fuel transaction (details such as time, date, location, brand, octane rating, unit price, quantity, total price, discounts, etc). Apps such as Gas Cubby could then use the smartphone’s or tablet’s camera and scanner function to scan the QR code. This would be easier and less tedious than transcribing such information manually.
ColinBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:16 PM   #9
Registered Member

I have to wonder if the Fuelly app that will be the next iteration of Gas Cubby will look and function enough like the current version for these suggestions to be incorporated.
Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:21 PM   #10
Site Team

Sorry for the slow response. I think Colin has some excellent ideas. Any chance you can elaborate on the fuel discounts idea? Could you give some examples of real world discounts?

@Hacker - The next version of Gas Cubby will be called Gas Fuelly and will look very similar to the current version but have a new iOS7 enhanced look & feel. It will not connect to Fuelly for syncing right away. Our plan is to work with the folks who signed up for beta testing to test a LOT of syncs starting with one at a time and then scaling out from there. Once we know the sync feature is working flawlessly then we will open up the Fuelly based cloud sync to everyone. Once that is done you will be able to access your data from iOS, Android, Web at any time. If you are offline you can add data to your iOS or Android and then it will sync automatically when a connection is available.

andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote