Gas Cubby Gone Crazy! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2015, 10:30 AM   #1
Registered Member

Gas Cubby Gone Crazy!

Been a paid user of Gas Cubby sine late 2009, currently on version 2.7.1. Just noticed that the reminders are broken.

For one of my cars, I get reminders that an oil change is 38,864 miles overdue, when there is a service entry for an oil change just 1200 miles ago. Same issue with the tire rotation, air filter, wheel alignment reminders, along with many others. For another car, so far, there is only one reminder that is WAY off.

Also just noticed that the mileage is suddenly not showing up for all fill-ups, as seen in the attached screenshot. The mileages show up for services, but not for gas. If I tap on any of the gas entries, the mileage is there and valid. Also, if I do an export, all the mileage entries are there also.

What the heck happened?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GasCubby.JPG
Views:	238
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	1770  

09KR0058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:17 PM   #2
Registered Member

That's strange!

Can you take a backup and forward me the link so I can review the data and try to replicate it on my end?

You can send it to me via a Fuelly Mail message.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:54 AM   #3
Registered Member

Ok, thanks, doing that now. All the years I've used Gas Cubby, I've never seen anything like this!
Old 05-06-2015, 02:09 PM   #4
Registered Member

BTW, just noticed something else extremely odd. For the Shelby, its saying I'm 38864 miles overdue for an oil change, but as you can see in the latest fillup from May 4th, the total mileage on the car is only 28,136!
Old 05-06-2015, 02:17 PM   #5
Registered Member

I got your file but haven't had a chance to load it up yet.

Can you double check that your entries are attached to the correct vehicle and there's no erroneous entries (odometer)? Ex: that Oil change might've been logged with a typo for the odometer.

I'll research it on my end later this evening and get back to you however.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 04:13 PM   #6
Registered Member

Good catch Robert! It was an erroneous odometer entry. I entered a fillup on the wrong vehicle. The other one has a lot more mileage, so entering that fillup info on the one with less than half that mileage is what threw everything off. I corrected it and now the reminders are exactly where they should be.

Regarding my screenshot above, isn't the mileage for fillups supposed to be showing where I put those red boxes, or is that just for services? I really can't remember for sure, but I thought the mileage was on every entry.

Thanks again. It just didn't make sense that Gas Cubby would just screw up so bad after working fine for all these years!
Old 05-07-2015, 07:01 AM   #7
Registered Member

After looking at some old screenshots, it appears that the cost per gallon should be showing up where those red boxes are in my first post. Scrolling through all the data I have (338 entries), its only showing on about 20-30 of them.

BTW, I did another export last night, emailed it to myself, loaded the csv file in Excel and reviewed every entry. I don't see any other odometer errors.