Gas Cubby v2.7 UI issues - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-07-2014, 08:37 AM   #11
Registered Member

It has now been 5 weeks that I have been entering notes without a visible cursor in the Gas Cubby notes field. This makes it impossible to reposition the cursor, since there is no cursor visible in the magnifier.

There was no plan to fix this problem that was created in v2.7, since v3 was "right around the corner". The Site Team promised to share a target date for v3 four weeks ago, but did not post this information.

Can I get a date for a fix or the target for v3?

MyFocusST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 08:09 PM   #12
Registered Member

Gas Cubby 3.0 will be sent out to our Beta testers by December 15th. After reviewing the feedback and making any necessary adjustments, submitting to the app store will follow.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 01:31 PM   #13
Registered Member

I saw the recent post regarding the features and timeline for the next version of Gas Cubby (paid). It certainly seems to be a significant upgrade and I'm not surprised it is taking longer than hoped.

If I understand correctly GasTracker+ (Fuelly Beta) will be released soon. After some feedback and fixes, there will be a new version. Assuming all goes well, this will lead to the beta of Fuelly Pro (Gas Cubby paid), which will then get some fixes based on this beta feedback and then lead to the release of Gas Cubby v3.

I look forward to the new look and new features in Gas Cubby 3 (Fuelly Pro). I really do. But...

I don't expect to see GC v3 for a few months. During these month, I will continue to use the GC v2.7 note field, which has the bug which makes the cursor invisible. The bug reported in October. The bug that was not going to be fixed since a new version was right around the corner.

I really am looking forward to v3. But I am also disappointed that the bug I reported three months ago will be with me for another three months while I wait.
Old 12-26-2014, 01:51 PM   #14
Registered Member

After that last post I wanted to make sure I had the most recent version (I do -- 2.7.1).

What I noticed was that the app I bought a while ago -- one I picked because it was so highly rated at the time -- now gets mostly 1 & 2 star reviews. I read a few. The theme seems to be that Gas Cubby gets worse with each new version. While my issues are not as bad as some others, I can't say I disagree with the sentiment.

And now I am waiting 3 months for a new version. And the program will have a new name. Does this mean it will be a new purchase? I can't see paying again to continue this ride.
Old 12-26-2014, 09:16 PM   #15
Registered Member

Fuelly Beta has been submitted as we're waiting on Apple to approve it. It's been delayed due to the Holidays it seems.
After that, we'll release Gas Cubby v3 (but we're renaming the app). Gas Cubby (FREE) will ultimately be renamed Fuelly Basic and Gas Cubby (Paid) will be Fuelly Pro.
We will not require paid users to purchase again! We've said this since day one, and we're sticking by it.

As for the reviews- we're hoping the new version will turn those around!
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:11 AM   #16
Registered Member

My version 2.7.1 is working fine except for the cursor issue... This makes use of the notes field et.al. Very difficult.

Looking forward to the new build. It has to be close!
mbkerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:36 PM   #17
Registered Member

Gas Cubby broken for half a year now. Honestly, do you ever plan to fix it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
Fuelly Beta has been submitted as we're waiting on Apple to approve it. It's been delayed due to the Holidays it seems.
After that, we'll release Gas Cubby v3 (but we're renaming the app). Gas Cubby (FREE) will ultimately be renamed Fuelly Basic and Gas Cubby (Paid) will be Fuelly Pro.
We will not require paid users to purchase again! We've said this since day one, and we're sticking by it.

As for the reviews- we're hoping the new version will turn those around!
And here we are. You posted in December that a new (or replacement) app will "turn around" all those 1 & 2 star reviews that gas cubby 2.7.1 so richly deserves. December turns to January and then February and now March. i started this thread last September when the most recent set of bugs was added to gas cubby. It's been half a year now. Should I ever expect bug fixes to the app I purchased?
Old 04-25-2015, 07:28 AM   #18
Registered Member

Just wanted to note that another month has gone by, and...
1) the bugs reported in gas cubby 2.7.1 last September remain unfixed
2) gas cubby 3.0 (or whatever it will be called) will be available at some unknown future date

Last December 15th, v3 was going into beta testers (just read back in this this thread)
Now, four months later, v3 is in Alpha testing, with Beta off somewhere in the future

I finally visited the App Store and posted the 1-star review the current product has earned. Next, I'll be looking for a replacement product that works. I am more than happy to pay for something that works.

Tags
gas cubby