Gas Cubby v3 Update - Page 11 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2015, 10:35 AM   #101
Registered Member

I also agree. I just switched to the Road Trip app. I tried the free version first. It is limited and only allows entry of one vehicle. Then I bought the full $6.99 version and successfully imported all my Gas Cubby data of several years. I had a small problem during import, and received a very quick response from technical support. Today my wife entered fuel data and I had no trouble syncing it to my phone.

matrixbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 04:18 PM   #102
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixbud View Post
I also agree. I just switched to the Road Trip app. I tried the free version first. It is limited and only allows entry of one vehicle. Then I bought the full $6.99 version and successfully imported all my Gas Cubby data of several years. I had a small problem during import, and received a very quick response from technical support. Today my wife entered fuel data and I had no trouble syncing it to my phone.
I have also given up on this app and changed to Road Trip. Was easy to transfer data and I had a response within 30 minutes to a question I had.
Too bad I really liked Gas Cubby. It was one of the first apps I ever bought.

mikesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 04:20 AM   #103
Registered Member

Give us the update! Come on! We want to love this app, and have stood by for years.

Pretty please?
PRLx1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:09 AM   #104
Registered Member

I too am a long time user of Gas Cubby 2, but a short time user of GasTracker. GasTracker is being developed as Gas Cubby 2's replacement, as of right now GasTracker is not as functional as Gas Cubby. Gas Cubby 2.7.1 has a few flaws but does everything, but sync effortlessly, exceptionally well for an app that is almost untouched in 4 years. I like the look and feel of GasTracker over Gas Cubby and would like to see Gas Cubby updated but not at the moment. If Gas Cubby 2 becomes nonfunctional for some reason I will be looking for a replacement but until then I would rather wait for Fuelly's efforts.
LittleHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 02:03 AM   #105
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleHim View Post
I too am a long time user of Gas Cubby 2, but a short time user of GasTracker. GasTracker is being developed as Gas Cubby 2's replacement, as of right now GasTracker is not as functional as Gas Cubby. Gas Cubby 2.7.1 has a few flaws but does everything, but sync effortlessly, exceptionally well for an app that is almost untouched in 4 years. I like the look and feel of GasTracker over Gas Cubby and would like to see Gas Cubby updated but not at the moment. If Gas Cubby 2 becomes nonfunctional for some reason I will be looking for a replacement but until then I would rather wait for Fuelly's efforts.
GasCubby is nonfunctional on iOS 9.1 unfortunately. The controls for entering things like odometer readings are broken.

GasCubby has been an essential app for me for many years but, like others on this forum, I am now forced to look elsewhere for a replacement.

Bruce
bvanderw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:41 AM   #106
Registered Member

Gas Cubby 2.7.1 is functional on 4 of my devices.
Currently using it on:
iPhone 6S iOS 9.1
iPhone 5 iOS 9.2 public beta
iPad 2 iOS 9.2 public beta
iPad Air 2 iOS 9.1
The only device, of mine, it does not work on is an iPhone 3GS iOS 6.1.6.

GasTracker is non functional on iPads.

Try setting the Number Pad Settings to on.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:44 AM   #107
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvanderw View Post
GasCubby is nonfunctional on iOS 9.1 unfortunately. The controls for entering things like odometer readings are broken.

GasCubby has been an essential app for me for many years but, like others on this forum, I am now forced to look elsewhere for a replacement.

Bruce
Are you using stock iOS keyboard or thirdparty like Swype?
Also, LittleHim makes a great suggestion, try toggling the keyboard options in the Settings.

I, our Developer, and a few others on our Team all have iOS9 devices that we use in our testing. Can you be a little more specific as to the issue you're having? I cant imagine this is an iOS9 issue.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:56 AM   #108
Registered Member

Turning the ODOMETER setting off on my 6S DOES make Gas Cubby nonfunctional.
Go to the settings, Number Pad Settings.
These settings make Gas Cubby nonfunctional.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1707.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	1881   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1708.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	1882  
Old 11-19-2015, 02:47 PM   #109
Registered Member

That's all good. But the biggest strength of Gas Cubby was to track maintenance and remind owners when next servicd is due. While you have reminders, they don't work, at least not for me, and are not intuitive as how to use. Cubby had a standard set and the ability to customize. With yours I have to add reminders for every item of every vechile. Why don't you just cut and paste the Cubby service reminder segment into yours.
GasJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 11:12 AM   #110
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasJaw View Post
That's all good. But the biggest strength of Gas Cubby was to track maintenance and remind owners when next servicd is due. While you have reminders, they don't work, at least not for me, and are not intuitive as how to use. Cubby had a standard set and the ability to customize. With yours I have to add reminders for every item of every vechile. Why don't you just cut and paste the Cubby service reminder segment into yours.
??? Gas Cubby still is and still has the all the features.

The only thing that the folks at Fuelly have done to Gas Cubby since acquiring it is make it work with iOS8, that was over a year ago. The last real change to it was Dec 2012.

GasTracker on the other hand is a work in progress, the folks at Fuelly have a long way to go on the service/reminders before it could be a replacement for Gas Cubby. The fuel up part of GasTracker is almost there.

If I was looking for an app for Fuel and maintenance logging right now I would try, then delete, GasTracker because the Service/reminders is garbage. I would not even download Gas Cubby due to the lack of updates in 3 years. But since I've been using Gas Cubby for almost 6 years now and it still does what I need I'm not looking to replace it, yet. I use GasTracker knowing that someday it may be Gas Cubby's next update and want to see if it's even close to being a candidate.