Gas Cubby v3 Update - Page 15 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 01-13-2016, 02:59 PM   #141
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLdriver911 View Post
Robert I had to do a restore from iTunes off the computer, not off my iCloud due to a problem I had with the phone. My gas cubby was working perfectly until I did the restore. Now when I attempt to open the application it opens briefly and then shuts down. The app is still on my home screen though, is it safe to assume that the information is still saved inside and when v3.0 comes out it will be restored? Or is it a lost case?
I know I'm not Robert but you should be able to delete the app from your phone and redownload it. When you open it and sign in again you should be able to sign into your sync account and it should be able to grab everything assuming you used the sync system

otakunet21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 03:09 PM   #142
Registered Member

I'm on the free version, I was holding out for v3 to buy the full version. :/

FLdriver911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 04:21 PM   #143
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm on the free version, I was holding out for v3 to buy the full version. :/
☹ I'd say it's about 50/50 when the update comes out if it'll fix that crash then. Have you tried restarting the phone or closing the app from the mutitasking list?
otakunet21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 04:23 PM   #144
Registered Member

Yea, tried both. I figured it was what other had spoken about; the fact that it doesn't work with iOS9. Since I had to start again, I had a fresh install versus my old version was an upgrade.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:03 PM   #145
Registered Member

Quote:
Robert I had to do a restore from iTunes off the computer, not off my iCloud due to a problem I had with the phone. My gas cubby was working perfectly until I did the restore. Now when I attempt to open the application it opens briefly and then shuts down. The app is still on my home screen though, is it safe to assume that the information is still saved inside and when v3.0 comes out it will be restored? Or is it a lost case?
I do not recall anyone reporting a situation like this to me, so I do not have a definite answer to offer you at this time. I'll ask around and see what I can find.

What all was restored? All your apps? Just Gas Cubby? Or complete reinstall of the OS?

Do you happen to have a backup of the app stored on your iCloud somewhere?
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 05:17 AM   #146
Registered Member

Unfortunately I lost all my data. The reason for a complete restore was my iCloud backup stopped working after ios9 upgrade. So I backed up to iTunes and did a clean install of iOS 9. Followed by a restore from iTunes from the computer. After that the app stopped working. Which is when I posted the issue. Afterwards there was a notification to upgrade the app to the latest version, mind you I had the latest version when I did the backup. So after updating, in hopes that the app would start and my data would have been there. I received the unfortunate surprise that it was gone. I might try to restore it once again from the same backup later on tonight, but not sure if I will invest the time into doing so.

In any case thanks to all who replied, I appreciate the assistance. Robert, looking forward to v3.0. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I know you got some slack for not meeting the deadline, but hey it happens. Hoping to see the finished product soon.

Cheers mates!
Old 01-15-2016, 07:07 AM   #147
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by otakunet21 View Post
I know I'm not Robert but you should be able to delete the app from your phone and redownload it. When you open it and sign in again you should be able to sign into your sync account and it should be able to grab everything assuming you used the sync system
This is not the case. This would work for GasTracker that is synced with Fuelly but the way GasCubby works on 2.x is that it's local only with the exception of paid which has a sync feature that saves your data to the cloud.

The next version (3.0) will integrate Fuelly sync with the app so that the data will always be stored in a central place and avoid these issues.

I would suggest contacting Robert via our support email, support@fuelly.com. From there we might be able to provide some suggestions on how to browse to the directory on your phone and see if you can access your sql.lite files. If we can get to those and the data is intact, we might be able to help you out. Whatever you do, just don't delete the app from your phone as that will always delete your local files including your app data.
andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:50 AM   #148
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrobo View Post
This is not the case. This would work for GasTracker that is synced with Fuelly but the way GasCubby works on 2.x is that it's local only with the exception of paid which has a sync feature that saves your data to the cloud.

The next version (3.0) will integrate Fuelly sync with the app so that the data will always be stored in a central place and avoid these issues.
A little addition for Andy's reply. Prior to Gas Cubby 2.7.4 some data was not syncing. Payment Type and Services for Service entries and Payment Type for Fuel Up entries were not syncing. Entries entered since the release of 2.7.4 appear to sync properly.
It seems some things weren't uploaded from one device and other thing weren't downloaded to the another device, as I have a Fuel Up entered on Nov 30 that is correct on my devices, I probably didn't sync other devices for a while, but everything prior to that has missing data. I just deleted Local data on a secondary device then synced, I have the same duplicate entries and missing data that was there for the last several months.
LittleHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 07:04 AM   #149
Registered Member

Cubby V3

Any update as to the ETA for this?
pstortz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:49 AM   #150
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstortz View Post
Any update as to the ETA for this?
See post #131 in this thread