Gas Cubby v3 Update - Page 19 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2016, 04:01 PM   #181
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieJM View Post
I got an invite to this round of beta testing, but never actually got access to the beta forum to post any feedback.

While the interface looks nice, as far as I can tell, it seems to be missing a lot of the useful functionality around service reminders. The new version has reminders, but they didn't transfer over cleanly from the old version (all the mileage intervals were incorrect or reset to 0). However, when I cleaned up the reminders, it didn't appear to provide any method for seeing how long till my next scheduled maintenance. This is one of the primary reasons I use GasCubby, so hopefully this is still being addressed in the new release.
I also have been using the beta for a week, and do not have access to the beta forum either.

Overall, I love the new version. I love how it syncs the data online. Today, my wife was driving my car and I was able to enter the fuel up on fuelly website.

I do however miss he service reminders though. I can no longer view when my services are due. I miss that functionality. I also notice that the gas stations map is missing a lot of gas stations.

Other than that, I have not encountered any bugs not app crashes so far. I love this beta version and I am happy to be in the beta test.

Professsorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 12:43 PM   #182
Registered Member

You can post feedback on the beta using the app itself - touch the top left corner of the banner to access the window which allows you to toggle between vehicles, set reminders etc. The last item on that window is Feedback.

EmGe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 09:28 PM   #183
Registered Member

Cmon, now, folks, at least give us a CHANCE to test this! I'd swear you don't do ANY alpha testing at all.

I downloaded the next version via TestFlight. I fired it up, it asked for a link, so I went to Gas Cubby to get one. Since Gas Cubby quit every time I tried to get a link sent, I backed it up and got a link that way. Copied it. Pasted it into the new Fuelly.

And then, what? NADA. Major nada. Return doesn't work. Can't dismiss the keyboard to hit Go or OK or anything else. I mean, really, what are you expecting us to select? Nothing works!
imdecay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 03:56 AM   #184
Registered Member

FYI, I'm doing this on my iPad Air...
imdecay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 05:08 AM   #185
Registered Member

A couple of questions:
1) Anyway to disable reminders altogether or at least be able to edit them on the web page?
2) Is it possible to manually enter your location? ... connectivity in Africa & elsewhere is not a given.
3) Is it possible to manually enter your vehicle details manually? Not all cars are made in or for the USA
Brett130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 12:04 PM   #186
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professsorman View Post
I do however miss he service reminders though. I can no longer view when my services are due. I miss that functionality.
This was the worst part for me, and this was the reason I removed the beta version and went back to the original version. While I appreciate tracking my mileage tank over tank, I need those reminders to keep my maintenance schedule on track and don't want to have to revert to tracking everything outside.

Like I said, the interface was nice, but it did have a few usability gaps that wasn't as nice for seamless entering of data. It did capture some new data points that weren't available in GasCubby, but since I was just starting to use beta, I didn't have any historical data points for those values.

Unless they make changes to better support reminders, I may have to start evaluating alternatives for when the time comes that the current version of GasCubby is decommissioned.
AggieJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:53 AM   #187
Registered Member

Is there a process for requesting access to the beta forum? My e-mail said I would be automatically added in 24-48 hours, but that was almost 2 weeks ago.
AggieJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:50 AM   #188
Registered Member

Quote:
Is there a process for requesting access to the beta forum? My e-mail said I would be automatically added in 24-48 hours, but that was almost 2 weeks ago.
Contact RobertV thru Fuelly Mail

LittleHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 01:04 PM   #189
Registered Member

Quote:
I got an invite to this round of beta testing, but never actually got access to the beta forum to post any feedback.

While the interface looks nice, as far as I can tell, it seems to be missing a lot of the useful functionality around service reminders. The new version has reminders, but they didn't transfer over cleanly from the old version (all the mileage intervals were incorrect or reset to 0). However, when I cleaned up the reminders, it didn't appear to provide any method for seeing how long till my next scheduled maintenance. This is one of the primary reasons I use GasCubby, so hopefully this is still being addressed in the new release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiem2 View Post
I've been using the beta for about a week now. In the original, I input in km and litres and it gave me Canadian mpg. When I switched to the beta, it took my data as miles and then switched it to km, doubling my milage and totally messing things up. I downloaded to old app my data reappeared just the way was before the beta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professsorman View Post
I also have been using the beta for a week, and do not have access to the beta forum either.

Overall, I love the new version. I love how it syncs the data online. Today, my wife was driving my car and I was able to enter the fuel up on fuelly website.

I do however miss he service reminders though. I can no longer view when my services are due. I miss that functionality. I also notice that the gas stations map is missing a lot of gas stations.

Other than that, I have not encountered any bugs not app crashes so far. I love this beta version and I am happy to be in the beta test.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett130 View Post
A couple of questions:
1) Anyway to disable reminders altogether or at least be able to edit them on the web page?
2) Is it possible to manually enter your location? ... connectivity in Africa & elsewhere is not a given.
3) Is it possible to manually enter your vehicle details manually? Not all cars are made in or for the USA
I've added you all to the beta section of the forums.
Thank you for the feedback. We are working on Reminders and will look at how Canada MPG is handled, as it seems there may be a calculation/conversion bug there.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:03 AM   #190
Registered Member

The Canada mpg conversion bug made me switch back to thenoriginal again. I had loaded 3.0.61.4 up and it messed up my milage again. Reliading the original corrects this. I will try again when the next version comes out. The original is the best mileage tracker on the market. I want the new to be even better.

Rosiem2 is offline   Reply With Quote