Gas Cubby v3 Update - Page 22 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-02-2016, 11:33 AM   #211
Site Team

We are working to make sure you can get your service records back. We built some tools so we will be able to help you. At this point the guys are still focused on identifying and fixing some bugs for another version of the new app due out next week. So please be patience and DO NOT delete the app from your phone. I will post another update here, on twitter, etc soon.

andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 06:59 PM   #212
Registered Member

Just upgraded gas cubby and migrated my data to v3. Seems like it's worked fine except a couple of niggles with service reminders etc but that isn't THAT big a deal. All told, the update was great.
Great work devs!
I was wondering though, is there like a way in the app where I can view my metrics (monthly,6m,1yr etc). That's the only thing I really miss hehe

ragewhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 02:56 AM   #213
Registered Member

They ruined my data for more then 10 years. No answer from support from 1.09.
alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:38 AM   #214
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
GasTracker will eventually be replaced by GasCubby. Not immediately, but later on down the road.
GasCubby 3 will allow you to migrate your data from the current appstore version (v2.7). GasTracker obviously doesn't have that function. Apart from that, and GasCubby Pro(paid) not having ads, they are the same code, and therefore look/feel the same.
As for ETA- we are currently working out a few issues, regarding iOS10, and then I'd say we're just a couple builds away from releasing it publicly.
Is the paid Gas Cubby going to be the ad-free version of the Gas Tracker app? I've been using Gas Tracker since I got my car, and would like to avoid the ads...but do I wait for the ad-free Gas Tracker, or switch to Gas Cubby?
canadianforester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:10 AM   #215
Registered Member

I believe the server issue and to find solution for us to be able to use the app - even the old version till sorting fuelly's problem fully - are different issues! I really can live without syncing but I would expect the service I paid for: TO USE THE APP!!!
Very-very disappointing!!!
Grofur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:40 AM   #216
Registered Member

I am amazed that in the almost three years since Fuelly bought out Gas Cubby they have been unable to create an app that is as reliable as the Gas Cubby app was at the time that Fuelly bought out Gas Cubby. I am very disappointed in the new and "improved" Fuelly/Gas Cubby app (Gas Cubby v3). I have used Gas Cubby for several years and it appears to me that some of my vehicle data has been lost in the new app. The reminders are all screwed up and worthless because the new app changed the dates of the reminders to the date that I updated the app instead of the dates that I had entered into Gas Cubby, causing me to have many overdue reminders. The location for new entries is worthless to many users, such as myself, who use the app on a non GPS enabled device. The previous version of Gas Cubby was much better because it allowed users to input locations of gas fill-ups and vehicle service. It seems to me that Fuelly is more concerned about MPG information that they can share on their website than the service records that many of us Gas Cubby users have relied on for many years. I get message from Fuelly informing that they are working on the issues with the iOS app and their website but I am not confident that this will happen! It is hard for me to believe that in their testing of the app none of the issues that many people that were forced to update to Gas Cubby v3 are having showed up! I feel that it should not be such a hassle to retain my vehicle records that were safely stored in the previous version of Gas Cubby! I am very disappointed in Fuelly!
Steve16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 12:58 PM   #217
Registered Member

Do you think they read this? No. They are so busy to update they message how they will resolve this issue in next 3 years.
Better help you by yourself: restore previous version of GC in iTunes and restore backup of old database as mention in another tread.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:56 PM   #218
Registered Member

Yes, we read all these posts. Along with the feedback from within the app. Support tickets to the Help Desk. All the posts on the various social media outlets, etc.

We're a small team, and trying to field and respond to every message coming in from multiple directions can be difficult. We've sent out emails, posted to the social media accounts, and Andy's been posting in various threads here on the forums to try and reach out to as many folks in one shot as possible as we continue to work through the backlog of individual support tickets.

As mentioned previously, we'll have an update out soon (hopefully in a week or so - we are currently testing it internally for stability) that will allow you to re-do the migration process. Now that our servers can handle the load of traffic, it'll be a much smoother process and you'll be able to 'recover' any data that didn't make it over the first time around.

As we get closer to releasing the update, we'll post more information with instructions/steps if needed.

As always, I appreciate your patience!
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:21 AM   #219
Registered Member

I wondered why you didn't provide temporary fix to allow us to use GC 2.7 for example. I did this in 5 min as can restore it from backup. Now will think twice before the upgrade. Will say ahain that it's worst upgrade I ever see.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:49 AM   #220
Registered Member

I wondered the same, I think I have made a very similar proposal here or in other forum, but nobody seemed to listen to me...unfortunately the ipa file you provided me did not work for me as itunes always said the computer was not authorised to install it...so I still struggle with this bl**dy update and wait for fuelly's solution. And of course I cannot use the app I bought.
Very annoying...I will report it to apple.

Dear Fuelly,
why you cannot put back the previous version to be available for download so that we could restore our backup?
Is it really difficult?

Grofur is offline   Reply With Quote