Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2015, 08:40 PM   #31
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleHim View Post
Thanks for the update Robert.

I currently have 5 vehicles in Gas Cubby, one with data going back to 2008 but no long have, is there any pre update prep work that might need to be done?

Gas Cubby, from a user side, is a great app, but based on the time Fuelly has been working on it is a programmers nightmare to convert to Fuelly.

I hope none of the features get lost in the update.

If the update/conversion goes of without any problems Josh should get a vacation before starting work on acar.
We're striving to make it as easy for our users as possible. So no, no prep work is necessary on your part.

I'm not a programmer, nor will I pretend to be, but I chat with Josh almost nightly, and from what I gather, it has been... a real adventure sometimes.

We're ensuring with EVERY update we get (on our end) as we improve functions, or address bugs, that ALL user-end features remain as they should.

Gas Cubby 3.0 MUST go off without a hitch. It's been our goal from day one. We're not going to let up now!

I agree about Josh taking some well deserved time away from his desk.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:46 AM   #32
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
a) We will release the date once we know for certain it's ready to be submitted to Apple. Currently in final stages of alpha testing (just received a build earlier this evening) and will soon be reaching out to our beta testers
But December 8th, 2014, we were told:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
Gas Cubby 3.0 will be sent out to our Beta testers by December 15th. After reviewing the feedback and making any necessary adjustments, submitting to the app store will follow
So in 4.5 months the v3 software has gone from Beta-Ready, back to Alpha testing.

For me it seems time to start shopping for a product that works gets updated. I am happy to pay for a well maintained product.

MyFocusST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:01 AM   #33
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFocusST View Post
But December 8th, 2014, we were told:

So in 4.5 months the v3 software has gone from Beta-Ready, back to Alpha testing.

For me it seems time to start shopping for a product that works gets updated. I am happy to pay for a well maintained product.
You're correct in that we were initially anticipating a release to our Beta users.
However, that release would have been shy most of the migration and sync properties that we've built since.
We decided it'd be best to wait until we have the app completely done (with ALL functions) before we start sending it out for testing.

Our users paid for a product, and we don't want to deliver one until we're positive it's up to the high standards we expect.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:04 AM   #34
Registered Member

As an update.
I was informed by Josh last night that migrations that were previously taking upwards of 3 minutes to populate, are down to just under 30 seconds!!

We're getting there!
Old 05-06-2015, 07:18 AM   #35
Registered Member

I work for a software development company, so I make this comment with a reasonable background.

It is great that migration time dropped from 3 minutes to 0.5 minutes However, as a user, I will only do data migration once and then never again. As long as the migration works, and you show me a progress indicator so I know it IS working, I would be fine waiting 3 minutes. Or 5 minutes. This is a one-time action.

Features of the program that I will use regularly are far more important. These are the things that need to be completed to launch the new version. Working on the speed of data migration is interesting, but it is not what will make the program great.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:27 PM   #36
Registered Member

I agree with MyFocusST, I don't care about migration time, sync time is very important though. Gas Cubby currently takes a second or two which is acceptable.
LittleHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:06 PM   #37
Site Team

Sorry about the delay guys. I own Fuelly and I, more than anybody, would like for the new Gas Cubby app out on the market already. It's been a much larger task than we expected and we have to get it right, everyone's data is very important. We are getting closers and we have developed a system that allows us to anonymously test hundreds of Gas Cubby datasets. We found various issues that were causing the migration to crash and we have been working through them. We still have some refinement needed related to charting and other smaller features before we can send out any Beta invites.
andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:52 PM   #38
Registered Member

Thanks Andy
I've said before that Gas Cubby 2.7.1 is a great app (to use), there are a few bugs, but iOS has more. If Gas Cubby 2.7.1 was to buggy I would want version 3 now, but I can wait for an improved app. As it is IF version 3 is not as good as 2.7.1 I WILL switch to another app that I've been trying, but is not as good.

Please take your time and get it right.
LittleHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 06:29 AM   #39
Registered Member

You posted that migration time had been reduced. I replied that this was not really a critical improvement, which another user confirmed. Now you describe your migration testing system that validates a lot of data sets, and note that various issues cause migration to crash.

So migration is 6x faster, but crashes in various circumstances. Which do you think is important to your users?
Old 05-13-2015, 12:09 AM   #40
Registered Member

As MYFOCUSST says nobody will care about one 5min data importing. Users that have 2826639 logs in GassCubby like us are aware that it will take some time to import data. And yes we know now for xy time that it is more work than you expected but what is the new timeline? After year or how much it took since you work on GassCubby v3 you should know this app line by line right?

I am using my iPhones full potential and I like to have the best and for long time GassCubby is weak spot in my iPhone. It doesn't work at all. So you have 2 GassCubby apps that are not working and one that have almost no features and as I tried it yesterday looks like not much "cars" to choose from + you are working on update that is nowhere to be finished. After i read this thread I am considering to search for another app because I am afraid that this will take longer than you expecting since you don't even expect anything. You said some timeline but then new "bugs" appeared and then another bugs and now you working something that noone cares about so after you finish that feature sonething else will appear. And after you release this app iOS9 will be out and we will be waiting ages for you to make your app compatible. And the circle begins again

EDIT: so i tried your fuelly app more and that one is not working even more than GassCubby. For some reason i can't type more than 4 numbers to odometer and also this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kmz4lkbnz...19.25.png?dl=0
If you show me toyota yaris with 6.2l engine i will buy it right away Also there are wrong engines for many cars and even if i pick one your app will change it to whatever! Now i have "toyota yaris 328xd" with nonexisting engine

t0panka is offline   Reply With Quote