Gas Cubby v3 Update - Page 7 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-19-2015, 11:55 PM   #61
Registered Member

My guess,- given the facts of the last to years - is it will be around September, October earliest that we will finally have an update of Gas Cubby. That is 2 years after we got a mail (October, 31 2014) from David Barnard that he had sold GasCubby to Fuelly and would shut down his servers soon...

Beijing involved in the app development business I very much understand that it takes time to develop an app which delivers. Don't underestimate the efforts it takes to integrate different platforms. So far so good.

Yet, Fuelly made one big mistake: lack of continuous communication and giving us (Gas Cubby users) hope that a release would be there soon. Soon was the word we read most.

In the past I have asked Fuelly for in invite to test the new Gas Cubby but it was never rewarded. No problem as there are only 100 or so seats. But as I am in the EU ( Netherlands) it might be helpful to test other settings on Liters, Kilometers etc. Even a private message here to @Andyrobo remans unanswered.

I too consider Road Trip. It has a developer which is very kind and fast in answering all questions. For me Road Trip only has caveat: it a no server but uses Dropbox only. In my case my family members all have a different Dropbox account so that will be more an hassle.

What I will do for now ? I will wait till September 15th and see if I get any news on the date of release. If not, it is so long to Gas Cubby and hello to Road Trip. (which also has an iPad version)

mhoutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 09:00 AM   #62
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoutman View Post
~Snip~
I sent you a message via Fuelly Mail.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 04:48 PM   #63
Registered Member

It's been another month. Any updates to share?
snitgend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:38 PM   #64
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snitgend View Post
It's been another month. Any updates to share?
We're so close to sending the build out to our beta testers! We're just ironing out the last few kinks in Gas Tracker before we submit it to the App Store. Our goal was to have Gas Cubby in the App Store by September give or take a week or so. I think we're still on track and our beta testers will soon have something in their hands to play with.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:00 PM   #65
Registered Member

I gave up on waiting. I moved to another app. Sorry guys. This is just way too long for an update.
terfos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:08 AM   #66
Registered Member

Probably asking a bit much but any chance of a WP app?!
AgentSplurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:15 AM   #67
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terfos View Post
I gave up on waiting. I moved to another app. Sorry guys. This is just way too long for an update.
I did too... I was more than patient. Been promised an update for 9 months! I was only looking for my cursor back!

I moved my 5+ years of data to "Road Trip" as others here have done with no issues. Support there is outstanding. Developer usually answers questions within a few hours, and even offered to do the import for me if I had trouble... I did not.

Sorry Fuelly (Gas Cubby) guys. I had to move on.

Better jot down notes here quickly. I suspect my post will be removed, if not this entire thread.
mbkerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:27 AM   #68
Registered Member

Just out of interest, why not just use the Fuelly website to add fuel ups? That's what I've been doing for the past 6 years with no issues at all.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:33 AM   #69
Registered Member

I've been using Gas Cubby for close to 6 years, one of the first iPhone app I purchased, I'll continue to use it until it stops working on my iPhone, F-ups my data or turns into a buggy app like GasTracker currently is.
LittleHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:43 AM   #70
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleHim View Post
I've been using Gas Cubby for close to 6 years, one of the first iPhone app I purchased, I'll continue to use it until it stops working on my iPhone, F-ups my data or turns into a buggy app like GasTracker currently is.
Ditto. While I agree (speaking as a developer myself) that this update has taken WAY to long, the simple fact is that GasCubby still works just as well as it did when I got it, which means it still does what I want it to do. Why would I go through the trouble of switching? This update will arrive eventually, at which point GasCubby will be even better (hopefully ). Until then, I'll continue happily using this product as long as it continues working.

ibrewster is offline   Reply With Quote