Gas Cubby v3 Update - Page 9 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-06-2015, 01:15 PM   #81
Registered Member

I'll try to be more diligent on posting updates. Sorry about that!
Responding to feedback/support sometimes has me away from the forums until late at night, and by then I only skim through a few of the most recent posts.

I do not want to post any more expected deadlines, because as you mentioned, and I agree; setting deadlines hasn't gone so well for us in the past.

When we have a for-sure timeframe (we've submitted the update to Apple and it's pending review) then I'll be more than happy to let you guys know the current turnaround time.

Keep in mind, we use our own apps too. I'd love to see this update pushed out. But since I'm the one receiving all the feedback (lol) I'm also happy we're taking our time to address the common issues.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 05:10 PM   #82
Registered Member

The last Gas Cubby update (2.7.1) was Oct 16, 2014. That's eternity in the software development world. I've been involved with several full application re-writes over the years and I understand they take time to get right. You run into a lot of unknowns along the way. That's expected and acceptable.

Through the process, enhancements to the old application can cease. However, critical maintenance cannot. Since the last update, new hardware and operating systems have been released. The current application is no longer certified and has an increasing number of identified bugs.

Gas Cubby may not be "given up on", but it does seem like it's on the list to be sunsetted. If that's the case, that's perfectly fine. Business and financial decisions have to be made. I just hope Fuelly sees how it looks to the general public and I wish them the best in getting a successful, quality product out there in due time...be it Gas Cubby v3 or something else.

snitgend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 01:08 AM   #83
Registered Member

I wouldn't mind switching over to the fuelly gas tracker or whatever they decide to call it after updates as long as they make an update to gas cubby so we can export the data correctly. With 6 years of data I don't want to have to re-enter everything (cuz I probably wouldn't).

Either way I hope something happens soon.
otakunet21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 01:52 PM   #84
Registered Member

Getting close to three weeks after the Gas Cubby update was submitted. Any word?
mikesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 03:31 PM   #85
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesa View Post
Getting close to three weeks after the Gas Cubby update was submitted. Any word?
I don't think they have submitted it. He was saying that WHEN they do, they will be more informative. At least, that's how I have read it.
fyzm7357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 04:18 PM   #86
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
I'll try to be more diligent on posting updates. Sorry about that!
Responding to feedback/support sometimes has me away from the forums until late at night, and by then I only skim through a few of the most recent posts.

I do not want to post any more expected deadlines, because as you mentioned, and I agree; setting deadlines hasn't gone so well for us in the past.

When we have a for-sure timeframe (we've submitted the update to Apple and it's pending review) then I'll be more than happy to let you guys know the current turnaround time.

Keep in mind, we use our own apps to. I'd love to see this update pushed out. But since I'm the one receiving all the feedback (lol) I'm also happy we're taking our time to address the common issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyzm7357 View Post
I don't think they have submitted it. He was saying that WHEN they do, they will be more informative. At least, that's how I have read it.
See RED text above
mikesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 05:32 PM   #87
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyzm7357 View Post
This is correct. Perhaps I worded my previous post incorrectly. Gas Cubby has not been submitted to Apple yet. We're hoping our last update (for bug fixes) to GasTracker will be submitted tonight. Once that is given a good run through by our GT users, we'll have a better idea of whether GasCubby will need any more tweaking or be ready to be submitted for you all.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:33 AM   #88
Registered Member

Thank you Robert. Fingers crossed for a quick GT approval and run through.
LittleHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 04:48 AM   #89
Registered Member

Need ability to update Last Odometer

New Fuelly user,

Set the tracking to Odometer and I was unable to set the Last Odometer setting in my first fuel up.

I can easily calculate this subtracting my trip meter from my current mileaage.

Would be nice to be able to edit the fuel up to include this so the first time user experience is such that you get an actual MPG calculated.

Or allow me to enter the trip length, and have Fuelly do the math for you.

Just a suggestion,

RandyRoo
RandyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 04:52 AM   #90
Registered Member

Gas Cubby vs Gas Tracker Plus

New Fuelly user,

What IOS application should I be using?

Gas Cubby or Gas Tracker Plus?

Thanks,

RandyRoo

RandyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote