Gas Cubby v3 Update - Page 12 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2015, 11:05 AM   #111
Registered Member

Gas Cubby has over a year to be updated and we are still waiting for the fuelly integration with synchronization ability.
Is there an ETA? It will be a huge disappointment if we won't get the update until the end of the year.

ioanniskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:57 AM   #112
Registered Member

I am out after waiting many, many months and lots of promises. But things are getting worse: with iOS 9.1 my wife's iPhone 4S and another iPhone 5s do not sync anymore. Only my iPhone 6s does... So in fact we can't use GasCubby anymore.

What bothers me most is the lack of communication from Fuelly's side. Well I guess we have to cope with that but for me it is time to move on.... Feeling sad to finally make this decision.

mhoutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:47 PM   #113
Registered Member

It's sad that they can take the top rated and best app of it's kind, and screw it up. they should have hired the original developer to keep it going. My app seems to be working but I do have some small glitches and like everybody else, I am preparing to get ready to move it. too bad!!!!!!! I'll check out Road trip
nobody1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:03 PM   #114
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody1959 View Post
It's sad that they can take the top rated and best app of it's kind, and screw it up.
They haven't screwed it up, yet. Fuelly hasn't changed anything in Gas Cubby in the 2+ years they've owned it. They tweaked it to get it to work on iOS 8, but not changed it.
LittleHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 11:32 PM   #115
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoutman View Post
I am out after waiting many, many months and lots of promises. But things are getting worse: with iOS 9.1 my wife's iPhone 4S and another iPhone 5s do not sync anymore. Only my iPhone 6s does... So in fact we can't use GasCubby anymore.

What bothers me most is the lack of communication from Fuelly's side. Well I guess we have to cope with that but for me it is time to move on.... Feeling sad to finally make this decision.
Quote:
It's sad that they can take the top rated and best app of it's kind, and screw it up. they should have hired the original developer to keep it going. My app seems to be working but I do have some small glitches and like everybody else, I am preparing to get ready to move it. too bad!!!!!!! I'll check out Road trip
I checked out road trip trial version and it doesn't track services on the vehicle which is half of what I use it for so its pretty useless compared to gas cubby. If you're gonna switch I recommend switching to fuelly's gas tracker app. It's very clean and allows you to input and/or edit entries on their website which is huge for an app like this
otakunet21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:02 AM   #116
Site Team

Quote:
they should have hired the original developer to keep it going.
The original developer was not available for any work. GasCubby is built on code that is from the first iPhone. We have been patching it trying to keep it limping along as iOS comes out with new updates. We have a single developer working on the app and have outsourced some tasks to another developer when possible. The rewrite is major and includes massive data model changes. The old data model is not one that was well thought for scaling into the future. One area where we have had the biggest issues is memory issues on old phones when moving data from the old MySQL Lite database to the new one. So between keeping the old app limping along and trying to resolve issues related to compatibility with older phones (iPhone 4) we diverted a ton of resources from core development. That's why we decided recently to only support iOS 8 and later (which would mean iPhone 4S or newer). I know it's taken a lot of your patience, trust me, I pay the monthly bills for all this development and we are not cash flow positive. I feel the pain more than anyone who has to look at the dated app. That being said, we are very very close to starting our public beta of the new app and that will hopefully progress quickly and then we can release it for everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ioanniskar View Post
Gas Cubby has over a year to be updated and we are still waiting for the fuelly integration with synchronization ability.
Is there an ETA?
I can't provide an exact ETA because in the past we were unable to meet our deadline and thus that reflected poorly on our communications. It is close and if you want to be a beta tester, please let us know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoutman View Post

Sorry to see you leave. The new app will be the foundation for us to evolve Fuelly and make it way better in the years to come. We have put a ton of work into it so we can evolve and provide lots of new innovative features that will set us apart from other fuel logging apps. I understand your frustration though.
andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 03:43 PM   #117
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrobo View Post
We have a single developer working on the app and have outsourced some tasks to another developer when possible.
On Nov 23 RobertV posted " (I'm poking our developer with a sharp stick every half hour- no sleep for him)." - I'm thinking this is having a negative impact. At that time I suggested coffee instead, but that may have a negative impact as well.

I've got an iPhone 5 with iOS 9.2 public beta that I'm willing to beta test Gas Cubby 3 on.
LittleHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:00 PM   #118
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleHim View Post
On Nov 23 RobertV posted " (I'm poking our developer with a sharp stick every half hour- no sleep for him)." - I'm thinking this is having a negative impact. At that time I suggested coffee instead, but that may have a negative impact as well.
We'll poke him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent coder, a watchful developer. A dark knight.

Now, don't get me wrong- I'm not saying we have Batman on our team... although, I haven't seen both of them in the same room at the same time...

PS- I'm fairly sure you're already on our list for Beta testers, but I'll double check in the morning.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 04:41 AM   #119
Registered Member

I would also be happy to beta test.
joswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 06:28 AM   #120
Registered Member

Sign me up as well please!

psimon1210 is offline   Reply With Quote