Gas Cubby v3 Update - Page 13 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2015, 07:12 AM   #121
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrobo View Post
I know it's taken a lot of your patience, trust me, I pay the monthly bills for all this development and we are not cash flow positive. I feel the pain more than anyone who has to look at the dated app. That being said, we are very very close to starting our public beta of the new app and that will hopefully progress quickly and then we can release it for everyone. I can't provide an exact ETA because in the past we were unable to meet our deadline and thus that reflected poorly on our communications. It is close and if you want to be a beta tester, please let us know.
How can I sign up to be on part of the Beta Testing. I'm currently beta testing for some other applications as well as running the latest iOS public beta (9.2 Build 13C75)

captainfodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:19 AM   #122
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrobo View Post
.Sorry to see you leave. The new app will be the foundation for us to evolve Fuelly and make it way better in the years to come. We have put a ton of work into it so we can evolve and provide lots of new innovative features that will set us apart from other fuel logging apps. I understand your frustration though.
you know where to reach me, but man you let us waiting so long. Get me a beta please

mhoutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 11:12 AM   #123
Registered Member

to my big surprise a new update of GasCubby was released today: 2.7.4.

Again I might be wrong but why did nobody from Fuelly communicate this to us ?

FYI it solved my previous sync issues.

So lets move on
mhoutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 03:52 PM   #124
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoutman View Post
to my big surprise a new update of GasCubby was released today: 2.7.4.

Again I might be wrong but why did nobody from Fuelly communicate this to us ?

FYI it solved my previous sync issues.

So lets move on
Because everyone is waiting for version 3.
Also, we've been waiting on Apple for what feels like forever already for that to become available. It kind of surprised us too.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:53 PM   #125
Registered Member

I should be on the beta test list too but if not add me. I'm running a 6S Plus on 9.2 public beta
tbconrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 08:38 AM   #126
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhanyu View Post
It feels like an insult when you say version 3 coming soon. Even if you guys have one developer, does it take a whole year to figure things out? After one full year there are just minor improvements and still a dangled carrot of version 3. Your Twitter page still says v3 coming in 2015 for God sake.

@otakunet21 Road Trip paid version does everything and I mean everything that Gas Cubby did or does, with the flair of a modern app experience. The service options that you found missing are there in the paid version. The info in the free version clearly states that the paid version has it.I have been using it since June when Gas Cubby stopped working on iOS 9 for me and it has been a stellar experience so far.
Glad to hear Road Trip is working well for you. I did happen to read that after I posted about it. I'd rather not pay $7 when the fuelly gas tracker app does the same things for free. Plus gas cubby hasn't stopped working for me once so I still use that regularly and will continue to do so until it's updated or I import all my stuff into gas tracker
otakunet21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 12:53 PM   #127
Registered Member

Last warning.
Discussion/shilling/promoting of any competitor app/product will be removed. Repeat offenses may result in infractions as well.

I get the frustration, believe me, we all do. Posting about how you bought something else and tweaked it to your liking does not help us or anyone else with improving Gas Cubby and its development. You're free to use whatever product you like, but this forum is not the place for purposeful promoting of another app.

Now to the important stuff-
As most of you probably know by now we pushed out an update last week (2.7.4) to address a few bugs and keep GasCubby functioning until our big release of v3. We've received some feedback and a few reports of other bugs showing up. Funny part is, the reported issues have NOTHING to do with what was addressed in the update.
But, we're going to get those patched up and push out another update; v2.7.5 will be submitted tonight. As Josh (our developer) was digging through the root cause of the Prev/Next buttons being hidden it was discovered that from day one (he promises he didn't touch it before) the buttons should have ALWAYS been hidden behind the keyboard (since iOS6). So, in other words, the code from the start was 'wrong' per se. It just didn't reveal itself until iOS9's framework allowed it to be.

This brings me to the reason for my post. All the issues and problems folks are finding are not due to things we have done, but ARE the reason why development for version 3 taking as long as it has.

Simple answer to most (if not all) the problems/bugs? Version 3.
The Problem? We (Josh) are having to divert our time/resources into patching v2.7.x to keep it moving along until we can ultimately release 3. This is why claims of us abandoning the app, or giving up on it, etc really strikes a tender spot for our entire team.

It's been mentioned before by another user I believe in here, and possibly in another thread- consider giving GasTracker+ a run-through. It's literally the new Gas Cubby minus a few elements. So if you like the look and feel of Gas Tracker, you'll love the new Gas Cubby. If you don’t; we'd love to hear your feedback (can be sent from within the app).

I'll continue to keep everyone updated as I receive word.
Old 12-08-2015, 01:07 PM   #128
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
Last warning.
Discussion/shilling/promoting of any competitor app/product will be removed. Repeat offenses may result in infractions as well.

I get the frustration, believe me, we all do. Posting about how you bought something else and tweaked it to your liking does not help us or anyone else with improving Gas Cubby and its development. You're free to use whatever product you like, but this forum is not the place for purposeful promoting of another app.
I am guilty... I apologize. I agree it was inappropriate to post re: other apps to this forum. I should have used better judgement.

It will not happen again.
mbkerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 01:24 PM   #129
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbkerk View Post
I am guilty... I apologize. I agree it was inappropriate to post re: other apps to this forum. I should have used better judgement.

It will not happen again.
You weren't the only one.

PS- 2.7.4 should've fixed your invisible cursor issue you originally reported.
Old 12-08-2015, 05:06 PM   #130
Registered Member

Ver 2.7.4 Issues

An automatic update to Ver 2.7.4 appeared on Friday or Saturday and I WAS excited to see it did sync data! Only to find out ALL five vehicles were combined and ALL vehicle information is lost on ALL iPhones and iPads. I' m in HOPES some where you can point me to restore my lost information. This information went back to 2009 and was ALL my records. Any HELP would be GREAT!!!

Boltsman is offline   Reply With Quote