Gas Cubby v3 Update - Page 16 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 01-19-2016, 12:03 PM   #151
Registered Member

Per our meeting today-
The last 2 weeks have revolved around a major overhaul of data storage. Naturally, and thankfully, this introduced new bugs, which are being resolved as they are discovered. iOS8/iOS9 discrepancies are also a factor that are being addressed.
We are finishing up testing the new-user experience to ensure it's as smooth as possible. Then we are focusing on the existing-user experience, specifically to ensure unsynced data is preserved during the conversion.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 02:43 PM   #152
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLdriver911 View Post
Unfortunately I lost all my data. The reason for a complete restore was my iCloud backup stopped working after ios9 upgrade. So I backed up to iTunes and did a clean install of iOS 9. Followed by a restore from iTunes from the computer. After that the app stopped working. Which is when I posted the issue. Afterwards there was a notification to upgrade the app to the latest version, mind you I had the latest version when I did the backup. So after updating, in hopes that the app would start and my data would have been there. I received the unfortunate surprise that it was gone. I might try to restore it once again from the same backup later on tonight, but not sure if I will invest the time into doing so.

In any case thanks to all who replied, I appreciate the assistance. Robert, looking forward to v3.0. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I know you got some slack for not meeting the deadline, but hey it happens. Hoping to see the finished product soon.

Cheers mates!

There are apps out there that will allow you to open your iCloud or iTunes backups. Once you have the backup file mounted you can navigate to the GasCubby folder and pull out the sqlite db. Then all you have to do is transfer that database through iTunes to your phone, open GasCubby and magically all your data will be back.

tbconrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:26 AM   #153
Registered Member

I lost all my data too but it looks like the cloud sync feature is still active. It takes awhile for the confirmation e-mail to come through, but it pulled everything down back into Gas Cubby. Can't wait for Fuelly to finally be released. GasCubby looks like it's barely holding itself together these days.
bvp663 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:39 AM   #154
Registered Member

I must be lucky cuz I've never had any issue with GasCubby but once the update comes it's going to be awesome. It'll look a lot like Gas Tracker+ and I really like how nice it is. The bonus that it syncs to their website and let's you edit stuff on the website will be amazing!
otakunet21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 04:55 PM   #155
Registered Member

Hi, everyone, I'm Dana. Long-time user, near-first-time poster. I see this thread is about the new app, v3.0, so I wanted to ask if one feature exists in the new version: the ability to manually enter a date, instead of solely having to use those date "rollers" that GasCubby has.

This need just became apparent to me a short while ago, when I pulled out a stack of old maintenance records and was about to enter them in GasCubby. That's when I found there was no way to copy & paste a date, I had to use the rollers, thus ending for now my desire/ability to enter the old records. I am not going to sit there and roll back to previous years - that would take forever. If it even had the calendar method of selection (the one where you can easily go from days to months to years), that would be doable.

So, IS that a capability that the new app will have? I can wait to enter these records until then, I just need to know there is a way coming soon-ish.

Thank you!
Dana
imdecay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 06:34 PM   #156
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdecay View Post
Hi, everyone, I'm Dana. Long-time user, near-first-time poster. I see this thread is about the new app, v3.0, so I wanted to ask if one feature exists in the new version: the ability to manually enter a date, instead of solely having to use those date "rollers" that GasCubby has.

This need just became apparent to me a short while ago, when I pulled out a stack of old maintenance records and was about to enter them in GasCubby. That's when I found there was no way to copy & paste a date, I had to use the rollers, thus ending for now my desire/ability to enter the old records. I am not going to sit there and roll back to previous years - that would take forever. If it even had the calendar method of selection (the one where you can easily go from days to months to years), that would be doable.

So, IS that a capability that the new app will have? I can wait to enter these records until then, I just need to know there is a way coming soon-ish.

Thank you!
Dana
So if it's gonna be anything like their GasTracker app (which could be considered a beta version of gas cubby) it looks like it still has those rollers that you don't like. However, the big advantage you'll have is that you can enter in the data for those old service records online and it will sync in to the app. Hope this helps!!
otakunet21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:34 AM   #157
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by otakunet21 View Post
So if it's gonna be anything like their GasTracker app (which could be considered a beta version of gas cubby) it looks like it still has those rollers that you don't like. However, the big advantage you'll have is that you can enter in the data for those old service records online and it will sync in to the app. Hope this helps!!
Thanks for the reply, otakunet21 - that'll do better than what I have to work with now. It would be great if I could get a beta copy of v3, just to kick the tires and look under the hood a bit. Ah, well, I'll just wait and see.
imdecay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 12:37 PM   #158
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdecay View Post
Thanks for the reply, otakunet21 - that'll do better than what I have to work with now. It would be great if I could get a beta copy of v3, just to kick the tires and look under the hood a bit. Ah, well, I'll just wait and see.
You can install GasTracker. As stated, it's basically the same as GasCubby will be.
Old 02-20-2016, 03:00 PM   #159
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
You can install GasTracker. As stated, it's basically the same as GasCubby will be.
So, Robert, what will be the difference between GasTracker and Gas Cubby? Why wouldn't I just shift from Gas Cubby to GasTracker?
Cormanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 06:13 PM   #160
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormanus View Post
So, Robert, what will be the difference between GasTracker and Gas Cubby? Why wouldn't I just shift from Gas Cubby to GasTracker?
Because GasTracker doesn't have a way to migrate your GasCubby data over.
I assume, somewhere down the road, we'll likely remove GasTracker and everyone will use GasCubby which will be renamed by then to something like "Fuelly App".