Gas Cubby v3 Update - Page 17 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2016, 09:37 PM   #161
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
Because GasTracker doesn't have a way to migrate your GasCubby data over.
I assume, somewhere down the road, we'll likely remove GasTracker and everyone will use GasCubby which will be renamed by then to something like "Fuelly App".
Thanks, Robert. You could migrate it via Fuelly, could you not? Or is the GasCubby dataset larger?

Cormanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:40 AM   #162
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormanus View Post
Thanks, Robert. You could migrate it via Fuelly, could you not? Or is the GasCubby dataset larger?
You can import your fuel ups into Fuelly via CSV right now.
The smoothest transition to move ALL your data from GasCubby to Fuelly will be via GasCubby 3.0.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:46 PM   #163
Registered Member

Again, thank you Robert.

My point was that you can already get data from GasCubby to Fuelly via a CSV file. It will then sync with GasTracker.

What will be the advantage of using GasCubby rather than GasTracker?
Cormanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 01:01 PM   #164
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormanus View Post
Again, thank you Robert.

My point was that you can already get data from GasCubby to Fuelly via a CSV file. It will then sync with GasTracker.

What will be the advantage of using GasCubby rather than GasTracker?
For those who are existing Cubby users (especially if they paid for the Pro version), it's one less step they have to worry about while transitioning to Fuelly.
Also, it's been mentioned that further down the road, Tracker may be replaced and Cubby will become the primary Fuelly app.
Cubby will likely have more stats/features/graphs/etc; especially for the paid version.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:09 PM   #165
Registered Member

The other reason is Fuelly doesn't track service like Gas Cubby. I need to be able to set service reminders for distance and/or time (sooner of the two). You can set reminders in Fuelly, but you can tell it's geared toward gas tracking. I've always enjoyed the equal benefits of tracking gas and service.

To be honest, I probably use Gas Cubby more for the service reminders than the gas tracking at this point, but the gas tracking is necessary to ensure the service reminders are accurate based on mileage. Any ol' app can remind me something based on time, it's the integration with somewhat up to date milage that's key for me.
snitgend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:17 AM   #166
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by snitgend View Post
The other reason is Fuelly doesn't track service like Gas Cubby. I need to be able to set service reminders for distance and/or time (sooner of the two). You can set reminders in Fuelly, but you can tell it's geared toward gas tracking. I've always enjoyed the equal benefits of tracking gas and service.

To be honest, I probably use Gas Cubby more for the service reminders than the gas tracking at this point, but the gas tracking is necessary to ensure the service reminders are accurate based on mileage. Any ol' app can remind me something based on time, it's the integration with somewhat up to date milage that's key for me.
Fuelly does allow you to track your reminders based on time or distance. For example, 5,000 miles or 6 months. It should function just like GasCubby in that respect. You are correct that we need to have log entries with mileage to trigger distance based reminders but time based reminders can be triggered without any distance entries.
andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 01:59 AM   #167
Registered Member

More than a year since this thread started n still nowhere close to v3? really disappointed. probably shld just jump to v4 instead
foccacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:31 AM   #168
Registered Member

We're looking for more beta testers for Gas Cubby 3.0!

*NOTE- This beta build is currently ONLY available for Gas Cubby Pro (for now).*

We started with a small group and are slowly expanding the number of testers as we put out more updates. We are ready to begin another round of testing this week but wanted to reach out for more testers before sending out the build.
Expectations:
• Feedback, feedback, feedback! – We’re looking for you to run through the app and use it like you normally would. Report back what you like and don’t like, or any bugs that you run into.
• Time – Testing shouldn’t take too much time out of your busy schedule, but we want to make sure you have at least enough time to give the app a good run through and provide us some thorough feedback.

If you're available please sign up here (bottom of page): Fuelly & GasCubby Unite

We have a limited number of tester spots available; so only responses to that form will be considered (ie; don't post your contact info here or on Twitter).
PS- This round of testing is only for the Pro version. Please only sign up if you CURRENTLY have Gas Cubby Pro.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:32 PM   #169
Registered Member

Dude! C'mon, now - catch up! Version 3 is out, happening, and definitely in play! I've been using it and will update my previous thoughts with a review very soon. If you don't have it, please sign up and get it. Join the community and SUBMIT a review! ��

BTW, if it didn't attach correctly, my comment was for foccacia. ��
imdecay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:44 PM   #170
Registered Member

Update: iPad still no bueno

Full update coming, but I tried to add some info where I am now, which is on my iPad. The bad news? V3.0 still doesn't like iPad. Sad face. To provide feedback this instant, I'd have to go fetch my phone, power it on, and then write my review. Which I will do, but not right now. Why not now? Cuz the iPad version still won't allow me past the opening screen, where it appears to be unable to let me select MPG. Too bad, so sad. Mañana.

imdecay is offline   Reply With Quote