Gas Cubby v3 Update - Page 21 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2016, 08:39 AM   #201
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
We've been waiting on Apple's Review Team to approve GasCubby 3.0 since the end of last week.
Here's hoping it wont be much longer!!
Attachment 2273
J.G. Wentworth missed a trick on that one. Veruca Salt as spokes..person..child...whiner...

JLarsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:11 PM   #202
Registered Member

curious.... any support for Pioneer's Appradio and/or Apple's CarPlay ?

friky19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 03:17 PM   #203
Registered Member

So as someone who has been using Gas Tracker+ but was also a paid user of Gas Cubby Pro...
If I load up the new GC 3.0, will it use my existing Fuelly.com data but allow me to not have ads again?

I abandoned Gas Cubby when I got a new car, and I started tracking the new car with GT+ exclusively so all of my data is already on the web/cloud.

[edit]
This appears to be exactly what happens... Fired up GC3.0, went over to sync, signed in with my Fuelly account, and boom, everything is there, and no more ads. Yay!
ZPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 03:38 PM   #204
Registered Member

I feel it necessary to warn everyone about a HUGE issue with Gas Cubby 3.0 I have been trying to enter data. Pretty much easy. I do my own oil changes. When I enter one, and hit the "Location" field, it takes me to a google Map. Hey, I am not a car repair business, so my address does not appear! Neither do ANY of the repair shops I use; one is a dealership that has been there over 75 years, the other a repair shop tat has been there over 15 years. THERE IS NO PROVISION FOR ENTRY OTHER THN USING THE GOOGLE MAPS PINS! This is a HORRIBLE oversight. I should be able to SELECT either manual entry or using GMaps. Yes, we can request that locations be added, but why should we have to? (Especially our homes) It even says on the site that you will CONSIDER adding it, and I don't recall any commitment to a time frame. So our info sits there, incomplete. Not sure what brain trust decided that we should ONLY use GMaps, but this needs to be rectified IMMEDIATELY.

Right now, I would rate the app a 2 based on this one feature. There are other issues, like the reminders not working right. My state inspection is annual, and is due in November. The reminders are telling me they are due in one month. Same kind of thing for insurance and registration. It's horrible.

I have been a long-time user of Gas Cubby V2, and am very disappointed with this version. Yes, its modern and flashy, but it is not easy to use. I have NOT rated it in the app store yet, hoping this will give them a little jolt to fix these glaring issues QUICKLY!
tommc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 03:51 PM   #205
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommc4 View Post
I feel it necessary to warn everyone about a HUGE issue with Gas Cubby 3.0 I have been trying to enter data. Pretty much easy. I do my own oil changes. When I enter one, and hit the "Location" field, it takes me to a google Map. Hey, I am not a car repair business, so my address does not appear! Neither do ANY of the repair shops I use; one is a dealership that has been there over 75 years, the other a repair shop tat has been there over 15 years. THERE IS NO PROVISION FOR ENTRY OTHER THN USING THE GOOGLE MAPS PINS! This is a HORRIBLE oversight. I should be able to SELECT either manual entry or using GMaps. Yes, we can request that locations be added, but why should we have to? (Especially our homes) It even says on the site that you will CONSIDER adding it, and I don't recall any commitment to a time frame. So our info sits there, incomplete. Not sure what brain trust decided that we should ONLY use GMaps, but this needs to be rectified IMMEDIATELY.

Right now, I would rate the app a 2 based on this one feature. There are other issues, like the reminders not working right. My state inspection is annual, and is due in November. The reminders are telling me they are due in one month. Same kind of thing for insurance and registration. It's horrible.

I have been a long-time user of Gas Cubby V2, and am very disappointed with this version. Yes, its modern and flashy, but it is not easy to use. I have NOT rated it in the app store yet, hoping this will give them a little jolt to fix these glaring issues QUICKLY!
I agree that this is an oversight, but I'm not sure why it really matters at what exact location the service was performed? If you care that much, put something in the notes field for now, and hopefully they add raw address specification in the future and you can correct it then.

I'm noticing that data synchronized from "the cloud" is not editable from within GC3.0, which seems like a bit of an oversight... My data was all entered via GasTracker+ and while it's all visible from within GC3.0 after a sync, I can't change it, tapping the Edit button while viewing a record does nothing.
ZPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 05:17 AM   #206
Registered Member

As a long time user of Gas Cubby Pro and Fuelly, I just want to tell the developers what a great job they've done with the new Gas Cubby 3.0 app. It is nice to not have to enter my fuelups twice anymore and the information from Fuelly synced over flawlessly. Love the new, clean interface as well. Great job!
SurebutterCringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 05:31 AM   #207
Registered Member

Just switched to GasCubby_v3 Fuelly.com and like what you have done. It will take a little getting used to, but the first impression is great! The data sync/upgrade went smoothly for the 3 vehicles I track. Only 2 issues so far.

1) I have not found a way to manually add a location to a Fuelup or Service record.

2) About 40 past due Reminders transferred over from things I wasn't tracking in GasCubby. Is there an easy way to delete all of them and start over?
LandyAtkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:19 AM   #208
Registered Member

If you are going to keep records (which you have to for most warranties) it should be accurate. Why they would give Google control over what we input is beyond me. My home is not a business, so I cannot put the info in there. This was simply a HUGE amount of short-sightedness on their part; we should be able to use EITHER, frankly. This part of the app is really bad... Thanks for your viewpoint, though!
tommc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:44 AM   #209
Registered Member

All Service Records Lost

I saw the icon change for Gas Cubby and pressed it and was directred to synch my data, which I did. First it e-mailed me a backup, but after the synch, I lost all of my service records, which are very important to me. About 20 minutes after I did this, I received an e-mail asking me to not synch the data. Great timing. Has anyone else had this issue and do you have a fix?
Cyherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:11 AM   #210
Registered Member

Just migrated to GC 3.0 and will have to try and restore the data. Not happy!

hayduke98 is offline   Reply With Quote