Gas Tracker vs Gas Buddy - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-17-2015, 07:15 AM   #1
Registered Member

Gas Tracker vs Gas Buddy

Hello,
I am just trying to figure out what the difference between Gas Tracker and Gas Buddy is.

I used aCar on Android, but recently switched to ios, and am looking for something that will be similar.

From my understanding that is Gas Buddy, but it is still a work in progress to get the sync between Fuelly.com and the app (which is fine).

If I start using Gas Tracker (which I think has sync with Fuelly.com), whenever Gas Buddy v3 is released, will all of the data from Gas Tracker be able to transfer to Gas Buddy?

Any help I can get here on which one I should use will be helpful.
Thanks
Doug

Zman1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:52 AM   #2
Registered Member

I mean Gas Tracker vs Gas Cubby, in headlines. Oops.
Doug

Old 12-17-2015, 11:18 AM   #3
Registered Member

Gas Cubby v3 is still a work in progress.
Try them both out. Both are Free.
Gas Cubby v3 will look and feel very much like the current GasTracker. So if you like GasTracker, you'll love GasCubby. Yes, once integration is complete, your Fuelly(GasTracker) data will sync with your GasCubby data.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 11:30 AM   #4
Registered Member

Or did you mean Gas Tracker integration with GasBuddy the fuel price app? (or something similar, hint hint Fuelly)

But…

Gas Tracker is basically Gas Cubby 3 Beta, Gas Cubby 2.7.x is the best gas and maintenance tracker for iOS, i.e. Gas Cubby 2.7.x is to iOS as aCar is to Android. In the not so distant future Gas Cubby, Gas Tracker and aCar will be integrated into Fuelly.
Currently Gas Tracker syncs with Fuelly, Gas Cubby and aCar do not.
Personally if you NEED maintenance logging features now go with Gas Cubby 2.7.x, if you don't go with Gas Tracker for now and upgrade to Gas Cubby 3 when available.
LittleHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 10:07 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleHim View Post
Or did you mean Gas Tracker integration with GasBuddy the fuel price app? (or something similar, hint hint Fuelly)

But…

Gas Tracker is basically Gas Cubby 3 Beta, Gas Cubby 2.7.x is the best gas and maintenance tracker for iOS, i.e. Gas Cubby 2.7.x is to iOS as aCar is to Android. In the not so distant future Gas Cubby, Gas Tracker and aCar will be integrated into Fuelly.
Currently Gas Tracker syncs with Fuelly, Gas Cubby and aCar do not.
Personally if you NEED maintenance logging features now go with Gas Cubby 2.7.x, if you don't go with Gas Tracker for now and upgrade to Gas Cubby 3 when available.
Man integration with gas buddy would be legit haha.

From what I can tell both gas tracker and gas cubby let you log maintenance on your vehicle. If I'm. It mistaken gas cubby actually has reminders and gas tracker does not?
otakunet21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 03:14 AM   #6
Registered Member

Thank you all for your responses. I went with gas tracker until gas cubby gets updated with sync.
Old 12-19-2015, 06:47 AM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by otakunet21 View Post
From what I can tell both gas tracker and gas cubby let you log maintenance on your vehicle. If I'm. It mistaken gas cubby actually has reminders and gas tracker does not?
True however

The current version of Gas Tracker has maintenance logging but no way that I've found to set, edit, add or delete reminders. There are reminders in Gas Tracker but they are not tied to maintenance items.

Gas Cubby has, once you find it, has a way to set, edit, add and delete reminders for anything based on time and/or distance for each vehicle. As with a lot of things in Gas Cubby there is no button or screen that makes it easy until you find it.
LittleHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 05:13 PM   #8
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to hawgcaller
I just tried to login to Gas tracker. It is telling me that there is a username and email just like mine already in use. It should since I have been using Fuelly since 2012. How do I get around this issue?
Old 06-19-2016, 12:16 PM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgcaller View Post
I just tried to login to Gas tracker. It is telling me that there is a username and email just like mine already in use. It should since I have been using Fuelly since 2012. How do I get around this issue?
Are you attempting to login with your email or username?
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:00 PM   #10
Registered Member

I've been using Gas Cubby for like 3 years... I really like the GUI of GasTracker+ Any way to export and import data? Thanks (also reading this is appears that Version 3 has been a half year in release?)

SurJones is offline   Reply With Quote