Help Needed - Sync data look to be in wrong units - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2015, 04:23 PM   #1
Registered Member

Help Needed - Sync data look to be in wrong units

I could use some help.

My issue is after a reinstall of Gas Cubby my data is all off. I'm in Canada so we us L/100km

Yet my data after sync seems to be all mixed up, almost the inverse of what it is on my wife phone. My wife any I share the same sync account.

I'd deleted the app and reinstalled resented, making sure the Units are set correct, and yet I cannot seem to resolve this.

Meanwhile the data on my wife phone remains correct.

Any help?

mrbuzzlightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:47 PM   #2
Registered Member

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

Good news is this should be a relatively easy fix.
First I'd try:
Quote:
My data was lost and I followed the directions to recover through Online Sync but, when it appeared, the distance, volume and fuel efficiency numbers were all wrong. What happened?
The default unit setting in Gas Cubby is MPG (US), which means it takes miles and US gallons for input and then outputs miles per gallon. You likely have been using Gas Cubby with other units but, when your data was lost, the units were reset to the default MPG (US). Online Sync only stores the numbers, not the units, so the proper numbers were downloaded but you changed the units back to the proper units setting after the data was recovered, doing a unit conversion in the process.
To fix this, do the following:
Note: if you have not tapped Sync since recovering the data and changing the units, you may skip to step 4.
1. change the units back to MPG (US)
2. go to the Setup/Login screen and tap Delete Synced Data
3. return to the main screen and tap Sync
4. return to the Setup/Login screen and tap Delete Local Data
5. change the units to what you had been using all along
6. return to the main screen and tap Sync.
All your data should now be properly restored.
If for whatever reason this doesn't work, we can, luckily in your case, use your wife's "good" data.
ONLY if you tried the above first and are still unable to get your data looking proper then on your device Clear Synced Data AND Local Data. Force close the app. Reopen Gas Cubby and you shouldn't have any data in it. Ensure your units are set correctly.

Go to your wife's device and deleted SYNCED data ONLY! Do NOT, please do not, delete Local data on her device.
Sync.
Give it a minute or two.
On your device, perform a Sync.
You should pull down the "good" data.

Let me know how it goes!

Cheers.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:21 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks. So the first method didn't work, I carefully followed the steps and tried twice however I still have the same bad data. For instance my ODOMETER numbers we too big.

I then followed the 2nd recommendation, that worked. Except I had all my vechicales duplicated on both devices? So overtime we've had history for 5 cars, two currently. After this method I had 10 cars, one set with the good data, on set with the bad data duplicated to both devices. Where previously I had only the bad set of data and my wife the good set.

Anyway after deleting the 2nd set all seems ok, I just hope it doesn't come back.

Thank you.

In future when reinstalling the App. What steps should I follow?

e.g. First switch the units to L/100 then sync or sync first then switch the units?
mrbuzzlightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:19 AM   #4
Registered Member

Glad it worked out! Strange that you received duplicates. Deleting the sync data should've prevented that from happening.
I would delete sync data again and sync one of your devices to hopefully put a single set of vehicle data on the sync server.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbuzzlightyear View Post
In future when reinstalling the App. What steps should I follow?
You'd want to follow the steps I outlined in my previous post. Switch units then sync.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote