How to Sync Multiple Devices (after GasCubby 2.7 to 3.0 upgrade) - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2016, 11:40 AM   #1
Site Team

How to Sync Multiple Devices (after GasCubby 2.7 to 3.0 upgrade)

The legacy GasCubby Sync Server (v2.7 and older) and the new Fuelly Sync system function in slightly different ways. The old system allowed you to backup the entire database on Device A (which we will call your iPhone) and then restore it to Device B (we will call it your iPad). If an entry was added to GasCubby on Device A (your iPhone) it would not just show up on Device B (your iPad). In order to transfer the entry from your iPhone (Device A) to your iPad (Device B) you had to sync over the whole database.

The new Fuelly sync system is designed to allow you to add a fuel-up from any device and sync it to other devices automatically. There is also a Sync All Data button to force a sync at anytime (in the left hand menu). So you could, in theory, add a fuel-up from your iPhone, your wife could add a fuel-up from her iPhone and then you could view the fuel-ups from your iPad. They should all stay in sync. The same logic applies to adding, editing, deleting, etc any record such as fuel-ups, service records, reminders, etc.

There has been some confusion in how the system works and we didn't properly notify users of how to upgrade Gas Cubby when you are using the app on multiple devices. The issue stemmed from people who did the upgrade from multiple devices, logged into a single Fuelly account and synced over the cars from each of their device. This resulted in multiple vehicles being added to Fuelly and synced across your devices.

In order to prevent this from happening we suggest you upgrade GasCubby on your primary device. Confirm that the data migrated over and looks okay. You should check the app to make sure the data is proper and also log into Fuelly.com and make sure the data synced over properly. Once you are sure the data from your primary device is correct then you can delete the app on your secondary device and reinstall it from the App Store. Once you reinstall it from the app store the app will be blank/empty. At that point login to Fuelly and your data will be synced from the server to your secondary device. From this point forward your fuel-ups will remain synced between your devices.

Here is the process outlined in three simple steps:
1) Confirm that the data is correct on your primary device and on fuelly.com after your intial migration.
2) Delete the Gas Cubby App on your secondary devices (iPads, spouses iPhone, etc).
3) Reinstall the app on the secondary devices by downloading it from the App Store and login to fuelly.com to sync.

So what do I do if I already have duplicate vehicles?
We built a tool to easily allow you to remove duplicate vehicles. Please go to this other discussion where we show you how to use that tool:
http://www.fuelly.com/forums/f39/dup...les-18896.html

------------
Any questions or concerns during this process, please post in this thread with what steps you've completed before encountering a problem so that we can help troubleshoot. The more information you provide, the faster we can help find a resolution.

------------
Reminder: Sign up for GasCubby 2.7 to 3.0 Email Updates. To do this just go to:
http://www.fuelly.com/gascubby/

andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 03:38 AM   #2
Registered Member

When I hit sync all data the app is freezing and it does not sync. Not impressed with the update so far. I had zero problems with the last version.

bdbssb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 01:16 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbssb View Post
When I hit sync all data the app is freezing and it does not sync. Not impressed with the update so far. I had zero problems with the last version.
Can you confirm all your data is on Fuelly.com?
If so, please try reinstalling the app.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 02:15 AM   #4
Registered Member

I uninstalled reinstalled I believe it's all ok now. Just would have been easier from the beginning to start fresh.
bdbssb is offline   Reply With Quote