Importing Gas Cubby Data - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #31
Registered Member

So just so I'm clear. Is there a way to import cubby data into my Fuelly now, or waiting for the beta and have to add data in manually.
New to Fuelly and love the app. so far but just trying to avoid having to add info again manually.
Also if I do add manually and we are able to sync later will any of the entries be duplicated?

Michael

medusa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #32
Registered Member

Ah!!! Success.

Old 12-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #33
Registered Member

Looks like I have made a mistake. As a longtime fuelly user I clicked on a banner ad within fuelly and purchased gas cubby. I thought it was your app and would import my fuelly data.

I have read a number of threads so understand what is work in progress. Please assure me my purchase isn't wasted and when the new app is launched I will be upgraded and it will work with my fuelly data?
Rephlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 03:26 PM   #34
Registered Member

Hi Rephex
Hope I can help as I just started messing with the two programs.
I've had gas cubby for about 3 years and love it. However the export is really clunky getting it to Fuelly.
That said, if the guys at Fuelly do what's promised (and seems they're on top of it) the combo is going to be kick ***.

This is what I did. First you have to export your data from cubby by emailing the csv export file to you from cubby. Then you have to do some modification to the headers to get Fuelly to accept the import. If it barks at you there is a link to show you which header need to be modified.
Word of caution the cubby header Cost/Gallon needs to be changed to Price although this is optional. If you don't, you'll wind up with adding the price/gallon manually and it's a pain when you have 52 entries.

Please anyone if there is a different workaround, jump in.

Michael
Old 12-29-2013, 02:54 AM   #35
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rephlex View Post
Please assure me my purchase isn't wasted and when the new app is launched I will be upgraded and it will work with my fuelly data?
Yes, that's correct but the we plan to launch the new app in two phases. The first will simply be an upgraded GasCubby app where the sync is only available to beta testers (you can sign up here - scroll down to the very bottom). Once we have a more robust sample in our testing then we plan to enable the sync feature. So after the first upgrade you will not be able to sync right away, not until we enable that feature. We have two developers working full time (soon three) to speed up development. It's not just the app which is being rebuilt from the ground up but also the backend server side stuff that has to be built and tested. It's a lot of work and we've made significant progress but we still have a lot to do with a fairly small team. I'll post a more thorough update soon.
andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #36
Registered Member

You mean I was right? lol
Thanks Andy, can't wait. I think I did sign up.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #37
Registered Member

Thanks andyrobo and medusa1

I've signed up for the beta.

NB I track 3 vehicles, the beta only asks for one....
Rephlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:31 AM   #38
Registered Member

Is there a release date for the new version of the app? I signed up for the BETA testing but was not contacted or acknowlegded in anyway.

Been using Fuelly for years, hated having to only use the website (based in South Africa, no SMS support). Even offered to write an app for free for Fuelly at one stage but was shot down.

About to install Gas Cubby as I want an app not a mobi site.
allancawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:36 AM   #39
Registered Member

So what is the takeaway here? Can we import GasCubby data in to Fuelly right now, today, or not? If so, via what methods?
Zathrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:04 AM   #40
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathrak View Post
So what is the takeaway here? Can we import GasCubby data in to Fuelly right now, today, or not? If so, via what methods?
Yes, but it is not a "one touch" type process.

If you do the .csv export of your GasCubby data (which creates an Excel file), you can re-order the columns of the GasCubby Excel file and upload it to Fuelly.

I did not find it all that challenging to perform.

Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote