Importing Gas Cubby Data - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2014, 09:06 AM   #41
Registered Member

Thank you Hacker, I'll give that a try right now.

Zathrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:24 AM   #42
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathrak View Post
Thank you Hacker, I'll give that a try right now.
The link to importing your .csv file is on the bottom of the Fuel-Up Log page (first select the "View All Fuel-Ups" link below the Log Book display on your dashboard, then at the very bottom of the Fuel Up Log there is a link that says "[Import Fuel-ups from .csv]".

Here is the order that the columns of the .csv file need to be in, and how the columns need to be titled:

https://www.fuelly.com/csv-format.gas

Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:25 AM   #43
Registered Member

The short answer on "how to" is here:

https://www.fuelly.com/csv-format.gas
Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #44
Registered Member

Gas Cubby Free to Gas Cubby Paid to Fuelly

I have been using Gas Cubby free for a few years. Mostly one vehicle but there is a little data on two other ones. I will be getting an new phone in the next couple of days. I have just purchased Gas Cubby and will transfer my data to the paid app from the free one. The install Gas Cubby on my new phone. I am sure that I can make the data transfer to the new phone but please let me know if I can't.

I will continue to use Gas Cubby/Fuelly as long as, 1) I don't lose the data, 2) it remains private. I don't care about any social 'parts' the app may have as long as I can opt-out, and the new features that require opt-in are social only type features. I don't want to eventually have to opt-in to the social side so that I can use a 'private' feature.

Please correct or guide me.

Thanks
Raeldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:29 AM   #45
Registered Member

Please help
I've been using gas cubby free for a few years with multiple cars added. I love the fact that I could track all service done to my car. My iPhone needed a software wipe so I backed it up and started new again.

How can I get all my info from previous years back into gas cubby?
Thanks!
rugsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:07 AM   #46
Registered Member

Hello, I have paid and downloaded GasCubby in the believe they are already one product. Will the update to GasCubby sync my Data from fuelly ? I have data in fully.com only so far.

Thanks.
helixpteron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:01 PM   #47
Registered Member

My ipad I used for Gas Cubby had to be reset. When I restored my ipad, Gas Cubby app was not available, thus I can not get to my data my data. Will Fuelly do an automatic data upload, or can I get my date to do the file conversion?
geraldvol426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:35 PM   #48
Registered Member

I just had to do a factory reset on my iphone. What I did then was download gas cubby, go into settings, go into sync setup/login. I put in my email address and had it set me up. When I confirmed my email, I said 'delete local data', the. Go to the main screen and hit the sync button, voila -- all 246 entries for 2 vehicles appeared. Yippee.
janet114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:19 AM   #49
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusvishal View Post
I hope we don't have to end up paying to buy the app again. The initial $5 investment was already more than I planned on spending.
Are you serious?
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:40 AM   #50
Registered Member

I've just read through this whole thread and have this to say to all those wringing their hands:

Take responsibility and backup your GasCubby data to .csv right NOW. At least you will have a back-up at a fixed point in time and this should hopefully save you from blaming the new developers if anything goes awry.

WAIT until the new app comes out before pronouncing whether or not you will continue to support them. I am frankly surprised that for all the work they have put in, there are users of GasCubby who feel entitled to a free upgrade (see post above). I will gladly shell out the price of a cup of coffee to continue using an improved version of GasCubby/Fuelly. I'm sure we won't be forced into engaging in the community side of things, so don't waste time worrying about it.

MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote