Importing Gas Cubby Data - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2013, 03:19 AM   #21
Registered Member

I have hundreds of apps on my iPhone and iPad. Maybe 4 of them paid (apps). GasCubby is used daily. I have 2 cars and 2 motorcycles and have been using GasCubby since June 2009... I've got a lot of info stored that I'd hate to lose. Please don't **** it up wink, wink...

febail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #22
Site Team

@nobody1959 - You will be able to continue to use the app without sharing your data as part of the Fuelly crowd sourcing project. As time passes there will be more and more functionality added but many of those features will require opt-in. So you won't be able to access all the new features but you will have the current bases for many many years to come.

@quickyonesize - The plan is for GasCubby users to get a prompt to encourage them to create an account. Once complete the data from your phone will sync with online. You can then access that data from our site, another iOS device, Android devices (once our Android app is ready, etc). We will send out more emails in the months ahead as we get closer to releasing the new app (it still needs quite a bit of work).

@mdusing - We will remain native and allow for capturing data and viewing graphs (just like it does now) without a connection. With a connection you will be able to access more features, some of which might be a mix of native and HTML so we can reuse those across other platforms (ie. Android).

You will not need to pay again if you have already paid for GasCubby. The fuelly apps will be rolled out using the same App ID so your old paid app is still going to be the same as the new paid app.

@reevers - Please send an email to support@fuelly.com and Robert can point you towards a solution.

@febail - We'll try our hardest not to **** it up! We have a lot riding on this (our reputation) so we want this to be a success just as bad as our users do. That being said, it's going to take us more time then we thought to test and get the new app out. We'll post a more firm ETA as soon as possible.

andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #23
Registered Member

Will Gas Cubby remain completely private and will changes maintain my privacy IE will this be an opt in or an opt out? I purchased the app because I want to track my maintenance and fuel consumption. Just like I do not post my medical records on the internet, my driving habits are none of anyone's business and my privacy is very important to me.
toddmclaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:18 AM   #24
Registered Member

Will there be support for PHEVs that show MPGe, and allow to log electricity usage?
SUVdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #25

I have a fuelly account I forgot about because I choose Gas Cubby years ago. I also have alot of data I don't want to lose.
e30ocabrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #26
Site Team

@toddmclaren - Yes, you will be able to continue to run Gas Cubby without opting into the community features (ie. your data will remain private and stored only on your iPhone).

@SUVdriver - We do indeed plan to add electricity logging and provide MPGe. So PHEVs will be supported. We've actually looked into some pretty amazing ways to log electricity that would use an outlet that has blue tooth that could send the electrical usage info directly to your phone as you walk out and get into your car. This is on our road map but we do not have an ETA, our current focus is getting the new infrastructure in place and making sure the Gas Cubby app and integration work flawlessly.
andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #27
Registered Member

I'm relieved to see responses about the upcoming merger. Thank you for getting back about these issues. With so many years of data in GasCubby, I'd probably cry if it got lost!
Johnsons93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #28
Registered Member

@andyrobo.... With your answer to my question... I'll put my trust in you!
febail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #29
Registered Member

Robert, Andy & Josh,

Please count me in if you need some beta testers for Iphone 5S, Iphone 5 and Ipad 4th Gen

Looks like you are working hard to keep this wonderful product great.

Thanks,

Alex
hyatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #30
Registered Member

Hope all is going well. Merry Christmas to the Fuelly Team and all the forums users!

mdusing is offline   Reply With Quote