Importing Gas Cubby Data - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-31-2013, 11:08 AM   #1
Registered Member

Importing Gas Cubby Data

Just got word from App Cubby about the pending Fuelly acquisition.

My concern, or question. I have hundreds of fuel-ups on 4 different vehicles in Gas Cubby.

The CSV inport feature did not work for me on my initial test of my newest (to gas cubby) vehicle. Although the csv file was complete, apparently things are in the wrong order, or something.

Are there plans, now that you will be getting tens of thousands of new contributors from the App Cubby family... to build some kind of an "Import Gas Cubby Data" tool?

PLEASE make this a painless move! PLEASE!

I tried to send a note using "Contact Fuelly" but it would not let me send it without retyping the "captcha"... and there was no "captcha" showing to re-enter...

mbkerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
Registered Member

I just imported my gas cubby data from the past 2 years. The fields in the csv file from gas cubby are named differently from the fuelly file. Also be sure to check your settings for you vehicle. My first attempt failed because I had tripmiles ticked instead of odometer. Hope this helps. If I can be of assistance let me know!

spazum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
Registered Member

I just went through an arduous process to import my data from Gas Cubby. I'm rather upset that I lose all of my service updates as they error out in the import due to having a fuel volume of "0" or non-numeric (read: blank/empty cell).

Will the conversion to v3.0 of Gas Cubby to Fuelly preserve this functionality? This was the primary reason I chose (and paid for) Gas Cubby over Fuelly nearly 4 years ago.
Thatguyinms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:04 PM   #4
Registered Member

Yes, I too sincerely hope that the transition will be without pain. You have a huge opportunity to expand your user base, since Mileage Log+ is nowhere near what Gas Cubby is so the good folks out there (including me) who only need the gas / service data will hunger for this transition to be 100% smooth.
mfiorentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:50 PM   #5
Registered Member

After reading the problems of importing data, not sure I will bother. So disappointed that GasCubby is going away. Happy for the developer but sad for us users. I downloaded the free version of Gas Tracker and the fact that it is a social app, is a negative for me. I don't run a fleet of cars; I just like to keep track of my gas and service. It's none of anyone's business but mine. I guess I will have to find something more private and forget about importing my data from 2008 on up. Bummer for me.
suniland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:00 PM   #6
Registered Member

I don't mind the transition to Fuelly; but I do hope that there is a simple "Import to Fuelly" option when the app is rebranded. I have 2 cars (my wife's and mine) each with around 75 entries. It would kill me if I lost (or worse, scrambled) all that info and tracking data.

Based on the OP, I'm going to hold of importing into Fuelly.
McWetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:50 PM   #7
Registered Member

Attention Fuelly: I agree with the above comments that there needs to be an easy import of Gas Cubby into the Fuelly database. Please list on the FIRST page instructions for importing this data.
Macfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:39 PM   #8
Registered Member

Add my vote that the developers of both Apps (Gas Cubby/Fuelly) work together to create a seamless transition method from Gas Cubby to Fuelly. I have tracked 3 vehicles from their purchase (over 5 years ago) using Gas Cubby and have hundreds of entries for each one. Without a smooth transition this App sale/transition will surely fail due to negative publicity. On the other hand, if the developers work together closely to accomplish this it would be a coup for Fuelly! Hoping for the later.
SheldonGJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:17 AM   #9
Registered Member

Does anyone from Fuelly ever answer these questions? So far I'm not impressed.
DeCommissaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #10
Registered Member

I hope we don't have to end up paying to buy the app again. The initial $5 investment was already more than I planned on spending.

lexusvishal is offline   Reply With Quote