iOS Web Clip - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-11-2014, 08:39 AM   #1
Registered Member

iOS Web Clip

Hi!

I've been using the fuelly web app for years on various iPhones. It has worked great. I've tried to use the GasTracker + app for iOS, but went back to using the web app due to GasTracker bugs (that I don't know if they've worked out or not). Just today I went to enter data after a fill up to find the web app was down. So I headed over to the "new" mobile dashboard and entered data there. The update looks fine and all, but when I went to add the new site to my home screen, there is no web clip of the fuelly icon. It simply used a little clip from the actual site.

As adding an icon web clip would take about 5 minutes of a programmer's time, can you please add this until the work on Gas Cubby is done? It would make the web app look so much nicer and easier to find on many user's iPhones.

If this doesn't make sense and you need pictures I can provide them. I have an iPhone 5 on iOS 7.1.1

jmp316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:27 AM   #2
Registered Member

Well that was super quick! A tweet about 30 minutes ago and web clip icons were added. Seriously, that was awesome customer service! Another reason I will always use fuelly. Thanks again, it was VERY much appreciated!!!

J

jmp316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:42 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestion!
Also, we just released an update to GasTracker this morning. Give it a try to see if you like it this time around.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:41 PM   #4
Registered Member

Quite frustrated after the update..while trying to enter my mileage today on my iPhone I went to select the decimal but it never showed in the data field.. Plus when I saved it it showed zero mileage and did not update on the site.
RoboScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:50 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboScott View Post
Quite frustrated after the update..while trying to enter my mileage today on my iPhone I went to select the decimal but it never showed in the data field.. Plus when I saved it it showed zero mileage and did not update on the site.
In the next update we are working on right now I will have the decimal issue resolved. Right now the Trip Miles or Odometer field expects you to enter the value without the decimal. Just a coding oversight on my part that I'll have resolved very soon. Sorry for the inconvenience!