Location bar shows blank - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-14-2016, 07:03 PM   #1
Registered Member

Location bar shows blank

My iPad is wifi only, and I typically don't have location services turned on. When I enter a fuel-up, whether I am in range of a wifi network or not, the location setting shows nothing - blank white space - UNLESS I press and hold in the blank white space, at which point I can see some of the places I have filled up before. I can't see more than one at a time, and selecting the right one is pretty hit and miss.

I have not tried the custom location function yet (haven't needed to fill up yet) but is anyone else having the issue of not being able to see the locations in the bar?

JLarsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:09 AM   #2
Site Team

We did release the manual location entry, but didn't have it enabled to use with location services turned off. Another update will correct this in a few days. Sorry about missing this on the last release.

EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 12:14 PM   #3
Registered Member

I can enter locations manually now, but why can't I see locations I've entered previously?
Old 10-24-2016, 03:07 AM   #4
Site Team

The recently used locations may be found by scrolling down below the "Nearby Locations". If you logout, the recently used locations will be lost.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:23 PM   #5
Registered Member

So since my iPad is wifi only, does that mean I'm logged out whenever I don't have a wifi connection? I have nothing below "Nearby Locations".
Old 10-25-2016, 02:01 AM   #6
Site Team

Without a data connection, you should not have any nearby locations listed, but your recently used list should appear. Please make sure that you are running Gas Cubby 3.0.12 or later.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:07 AM   #7
Registered Member

I am running GC 3.013, build 3.0.13.4. I have had this problem ever since the new GC was released. At first, though the "Recently Used" list appeared blank, I could sometimes tap or tap and hold and see a particular past location. It would disappear as soon as I lifted my finger, but if it happened to be the one I wanted, I could tap "Save" and GC would use that location. Now, not only is the list blank, but tapping shows nothing. Now that I can put in a Custom Location (thanks very much, btw), I can enter my fill ups properly, but it would sure be good to be able to see and use Recently Used locations.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:17 AM   #8
Site Team

Please login to your Fuelly profile and verify that all of your data has synced, if yes, then please delete and re-install the app. Login by clicking "Set Up Sync".

I have not seen the situation that you are describing.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:16 PM   #9
Registered Member

That seems to have done it. I can see three recent locations, though I can't see the one I just entered. I'll give it a few fill-ups to see how it goes.

The ones I CAN see are a little hard to read. The light gray type on the white background doesn't stand out very well.

Thanks VERY much for the help.