Lost all data in Gas Cubby Free when updating iOS - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 02-02-2016, 05:37 PM   #1
Registered Member

Lost all data in Gas Cubby Free when updating iOS

Hello
I have been using Gas Cubby Free v 2.7 on my iPod Touch 5th gen, iOS v 7.1.2

I don't use the app that often as I don't put gas in the car all that often since it doesn't get driven all that often. However, I do use it.

The other day I finally updated my Touch to iOS 9.2.1 (from 7.1.2 - I missed iOS 8 completely).

Today I noticed that Gas Cubby was no longer on my Touch. It was, however, in my Purchased Apps. There was also another app that was in Purchased and no longer on the Touch. I had never noticed this before after updating iOS, but didn't think too much of it. I just downloaded back onto the Touch. When I opened it, however, there was no data at all. Nothing, Nada, Zilch. Fortunately I do have a backup of my records in both excel and cvs. But I don't think there's a way to import them to my app, is there?

And why would it not get restored back to my Touch after updating the iOS? Anyone else have that problem? The other app didn't contain data so I can't compare to it.

Barb

fritzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:27 PM   #2
Registered Member

I recall another user messaging the helpdesk about a similar issue with updating to iOS9.
Quick Google search found this article- How to Get All Apps Back if Missing on iPhone/iPad After Updating iOS
It's a known bug, and (while I cant find it now) there's a support page from Apple acknowledging the bug.

Since the Free version of the app did not have online sync, there isn't a way to recover that data you had in the app. The data was stored locally and deleting the app (even if Apple updates did it for you) will purge that data unfortunately.

Hang onto your CSV. You can import it into Fuelly if you'd like.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 07:12 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
I recall another user messaging the helpdesk about a similar issue with updating to iOS9. Quick Google search found this article- How to Get All Data Back if Missing on iPhone/iPad After Updating iOS. It's a known bug, and (while I cant find it now) there's a support page from Apple acknowledging the bug.
The tutorial is great and helped me solved the problem. Thanks
sulewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 11:37 PM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
I recall another user messaging the helpdesk about a similar issue with updating to iOS9.
Quick Google search found this article- How to Get All Apps Back if Missing on iPhone/iPad After Updating iOS
It's a known bug, and (while I cant find it now) there's a support page from Apple acknowledging the bug.

Since the Free version of the app did not have online sync, there isn't a way to recover that data you had in the app. The data was stored locally and deleting the app (even if Apple updates did it for you) will purge that data unfortunately.

Hang onto your CSV. You can import it into Fuelly if you'd like.
that's really nice guide
casielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 02:49 AM   #5
Site Team

We have been working to add more documentation to our help section.

You may want to check this out: Home
EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 06:48 PM   #6
Registered Member

I got the same problem when upgrading my iPod touch to iOS 12, so I submitted this issue on an Apple forum and receive the useful reply. And the useful site is this
<a href="https://www.phonerecoverytool.com/iphone-data-recovery.html" target="_blank">iPhone data recovery</a> site.
Bereest689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 02:11 AM   #7
Out of Fuel

That link might not be helpful as well. I don't trust Apple with their customer service quality.

EddWick is offline   Reply With Quote