Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2014, 09:56 PM   #11
Registered Member

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
Received. Thanks!
Josh just signed off for the night about 15 min ago. I'm sure he'll dig in when he finds a moment tomorrow.
I have not heard back from Josh. Any idea if he has had a chance to search for my data.

EmGe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:18 PM   #12
Registered Member

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
Received. Thanks!
Josh just signed off for the night about 15 min ago. I'm sure he'll dig in when he finds a moment tomorrow.
Robert, I see that you are online & am hoping that you can help. I have not heard back from Josh. I am having a problem with my car & need to access information that I had stored in the App (& backed up to your servers).

Old 09-20-2014, 08:58 AM   #13
Registered Member

Angry Would appreciate a reply

Robert, Josh or Andyrobo,
The silence is deafening!
Would appreciate if you could please help, or at least acknowledge that you cannot, or are not willing to assist in retrieving my data.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:57 PM   #14
Site Team

EmGe, we want to help you but we need to ask you to be patient. We had our hands full last week with the iOS8 release of Gas Cubby that caused crashing on the iPhone 5s. All our resources were focused on getting a new release out. Josh was actually on vacation and working night to get that done. He's traveling home this weekend and I'll send him a reminder about your issue right now.

If your data is synced on the GasCubby server, you should be able to get it back. Nothing has changed with the sync server, it's the same system that's been in place for years. We have a new version of GasCubby submitted to the App store right now and once that is approved you should be able to install and sync up just as you did in the past.

I suspect you provided Robert and Josh your sync email so they can track down your account?
andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 01:11 PM   #15
Registered Member

andyrobo, Thank you for your response.

I am more than willing to wait. All I am asking for is reassurance that my data (years of it, including information pertaining to a current problem) are safe & can be retrieved.

Yes, I have provided Robert & Josh with my sync email address.
Old 09-20-2014, 03:29 PM   #16
Site Team

EmGe, the sync server has been untouched. The data we have in there is available. As long as your old data wasn't overwritten for some reason, then I don't see why we can't get to it. The only concern I would have is somehow empty data was synced on top of populated data but from the programmers have told me the system was designed to not let that happen.

Thanks for your patience, we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 03:33 PM   #17
Registered Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrobo View Post
EmGe, The only concern I would have is somehow empty data was synced on top of populated data but from the programmers have told me the system was designed to not let that happen.
That is my grave concern! When I synched, no information was downloaded from the server.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:36 PM   #18
Registered Member

Exclamation Request for update

Robert,
I have been in email correspondence with Andy. The last I heard was that he was going to send the information I provided to the iOS developer (I presume, Josh) in your team. Please could you give me an update of the status of retrieving my data?
Old 09-24-2014, 09:48 PM   #19
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmGe View Post
Robert,
I have been in email correspondence with Andy. The last I heard was that he was going to send the information I provided to the iOS developer (I presume, Josh) in your team. Please could you give me an update of the status of retrieving my data?
We received the info from Andy and are currently still researching this issue.
I believe Andy sent you some steps to try and recover your data locally. Were you able to try these steps yet?

I'll post them here for reference-
Quote:
There's an option to grab ONLY Gas Cubby data from an iTunes backup instead of the entire backup. First, download a program called iExplorer -http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/
*The following is broken up into two parts. Please read through ALL the following steps before starting.*

Part I
  1. Connect your device to your computer and open iExplorer
  2. Navigate to Browse iTunes Backups > [your device's name] > Backup Explorer > App – “com.appcubby.gascubby” > Documents
  3. Right-click on “tripdb.sqlite3” and View in Finder (Mac)
  4. Now right-click on the revealed file and copy (not move) to Desktop
  5. Rename the file to “tripdb.sqlite3” (no quotation marks)

Part II
  6. In iExplorer, navigate to your device by name at the top of the left pane then Apps > Gas Cubby > Documents
  7. You should see an existing “tripdb.sqlite3”, which you need to right-click and Delete (may take two attempts).
  8. Click back on Desktop and drag-n-drop the “tripdb.sqlite3 file” (from step 5) to the Documents folder to which you navigated in step 6.
You've just transferred the backup file from your computer to your device, and it hopefully contains all your data from the last backup.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:04 PM   #20
Registered Member

Yes, I have tried to retrieve the data from my iTunes backup using the method Andy suggested.

Since iTunes backups overwrite the immediate previous version, the backup I performed after deleting the crashing v.2.6 (anticipating that I would be able to restore my data by reinstalling v2.5 & then synching with your servers) did not contain the Gas Cubby data. So, my only hope appears to be retrieving the data from your servers.