Lost Data - Vehicle Information - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-02-2016, 09:48 AM   #1
Registered Member

Lost Data - Vehicle Information

I am greatly disappointed that my vehicle data such as VIN, Insurance, Tire Info, etc. is all gone. That was one of the great features of GC and, without warning, it's gone. Are there any plans to improve Fuelly by bringing this feature back?

a115043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:12 AM   #2
Site Team

Don't worry, we will get your service records restored, just don't delete the app and be patient. We need some time to get a few server and app issues resolved then we will be focusing on individual issues.

You can read about the details of the issues with the latest app build as well as tracking updates for the next release here: GasCubby | Mobile for iOS - Fuelly Forums

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 12:44 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a115043 View Post
I am greatly disappointed that my vehicle data such as VIN, Insurance, Tire Info, etc. is all gone. That was one of the great features of GC and, without warning, it's gone. Are there any plans to improve Fuelly by bringing this feature back?
It's probably not gone. Read this thread:

Questions and Issues with GC 3.0 Update

All that info is available by pressing the "Edit" button on the vehicle in question. Why the Fuelly/Gas Cubby developers thought that was the best method to access this information is beyond me, but that's where it is.

If you can't see that info (VIN, Insurance, etc.) even when in the Edit view for your vehicle, then your problem may indeed be bigger (data loss, etc.). But I suspect that's where it is, if you haven't already checked. If you could report back and confirm either way, that'd be helpful to everyone, I'd think.
MusicMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 03:21 PM   #4
Registered Member

I've also lost all my data with the migration from Gas Cubby to Fuelly 3.0. Why this update was placed in the App Store I'll never understand. It seems the backup file isn't compatible with Fuelly 3.0 so can anyone tell me if it's possible to restore Gas Cubby by itself - or alternatively access the contents of the backup file so I can import them into something more stable like Excel ?
uqcodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 12:02 PM   #5
Registered Member

Great news! The data was preserved and is accessible through the vehicle edit screen. Thanks for the insight. I feel much better with the app now.
Old 09-03-2016, 02:35 PM   #6
Registered Member

Unfortunately I can't access it through the vehicle edit screen. It shows our second vehicle only (we only recorded a couple of entries for this vehicle). The main vehicle, for which I have recorded every fill since the car was new, doesn't show at all. I have a backup file but the instructions pertain to Gas Cubby 2.7 or 2.75? The App Store automatically upgraded the app to version 3.0 which doesn't appear to have the capability to import its own backup file?

Does anyone know of another program or app that can read the *.sqlite backup file?
uqcodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 02:48 PM   #7
Registered Member

I suggest patience with the upgrade process. I believe their server has been heavily tasked and your data is likely still preserved and will show up soon. I keep seeing cautions about not deleting the new app.
I have looked for comparable apps in the past and found none that have the features of GC. I see the same quality in the new release and I can accept the fact that the features may have a new look but at least they are still included.