Manual Location Entry - upgraded to iOS GasCubby v3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-31-2016, 05:42 AM   #1
Registered Member

Manual Location Entry - upgraded to iOS GasCubby v3

I just upgraded to GasCubby v3 on iOS and found the process easy and all my data imported without a problem. In the old version, I had a list of LOCATIONS that I used to keep track of where Fuelups and Service occurred. I have not found a way in the new version to enter a location manually and if I turn on Location Services and enter the data for the record later from a different location, I get the wrong result.

How can I manually enter a Location?

-Landy

LandyAtkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 05:51 AM   #2
Registered Member

Further clarification... I used to just keep track of the city for location, so for instance all gas FuelUps while near home would show ROCHESTER as the location. If I was away, then I would enter something like MICHIGAN to show the state I was in. With location services ON, I can search and find a specific location (like KwikFil on Chli Ave.) but it show the station name KwikFill and not the town or state, so if I filled up at a KwikFill in Dallas, TX, I would still just see KwikFill for the location. Not really what I expect or want for Location. Also, the local garage I use for most service does not come up in the search.

LandyAtkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:17 AM   #3
Registered Member

I had this same issue/question. Their website answer is to submit it to Google and hope they will update it. That is NOT acceptable; we should be able to manually enter the info. This is a part of V3 that I really hate, because they are taking control of our data from us and giving it to Google. Heck, my car dealership, which does my repairs, has been there for over 75 years and THEY don't show up in the listing. It's terrible!
tommc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 06:54 AM   #4
Registered Member

The location part of the app is a joke. I am in Missouri, USA and the app is showing that I am in Melbourne, Australia.
Steve16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:59 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve16 View Post
The location part of the app is a joke. I am in Missouri, USA and the app is showing that I am in Melbourne, Australia.
Check if location services are enabled for the app in iOS settings.
Settings
Privacy
Location Services

LittleHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 04:53 AM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleHim View Post
Check if location services are enabled for the app in iOS settings.
Settings
Privacy
Location Services
Thanks for the tip, however this does not help me because I use the app on a iPad which is not GPS enabled and although location services is turned on it does not work. Myself and many other people who are in this situation need to have a way to manually input the location of the fuel-ups and service. Even if the location services did work on my iPad it would be of no help to me because I do not carry my iPad with me all of the time and have always manually entered the location and other information into former versions of Gas Cubby when I am at home!
Steve16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:00 PM   #7
Registered Member

We do plan to allow for free-form location entry but we will not be able to focus on getting that back into the app until some other more pressing issues are resolved.

In the meantime Locations displayed in in the app are currently limited to what Google provides to us as far as fuel/service stations. If the service location is a current gas station or service shop, one option is to get that added to Google. It's been reported to us that if you submit a request to add a location, after they approve it, it'll populate in our maps pretty soon after.
Here's how- https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6320846

They've also opened it up to be done within the Google Maps app as well:
https://maps.googleblog.com/2016/07/...et-smarts.html

Sorry for this functionality oversight in the new app, we plan to get it fixed ASAP.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote