1) If there are cars in your current profile and you login with your existing cars, then it will duplicate the cars. See the below post for how to delete duplicate cars. You can also delete the cars before your migrate.
2) Yes if you follow the instructions in this post, it will not duplicate your cars. Just make sure to follow the instructions very carefully. The key is to login before you start the migration process.
3) Yes you can delete an account if you like and create a new one.
Thanks. I was logged into the account, and it did work. Interestingly, though, when I deleted the app and reinstalled from on my iPad and it sync'd, it missed the "partial fillup" flag on one of my entries that it imported. I detected it because on the iPad it showed a different highest mpg, and it was because it didn't import that it was a partial fillup.
Jim, it sounds like you will need to re-run the upgrade and set the distance/volume prior to import. That will fix the unit issue but not the duplicate log entries due to rounding error. We are aware of the rounding issue, it's on our list for the next build. I know this is not an ideal suggestion but if possible, I would wait until the next app update which should be able to fix both of your issues. That means writing down any entries so you can add them later.
If you really want to get the app online, I believe we can walk you through the re-upgrade using your backup URL where you can set the units. That should fix that issue but the rounding issue will still exist. So if you can wait, we should hopefully fix that in next weeks release.
Basically our focus was on trying to fix the largest issues that affected the most people. We still have a list of smaller issues that need to be resolved. We are prioritizing them based on the number of reports we are having for each issue. The issues with the most reports are getting fixed first.
We have been trying to size up the number of people affected and my rough math would suggest we had some around 10% (+/- 5%) of users might have had some type of issue. Of those, we are hoping, 80% of the issues will be resolved with this last fix released yesterday. Next week we will focus on the other fixes in our next release to hopefully resolve 80% of the last remaining issues. Keep repeating.
As for a CSV export, we don't have a tool that will take your old GasCubby 2.7 and convert it to CSV. Once you are on Fuelly we do have an export tool to get a CSV.
Sam, we will be in touch to investigate. We are trying to find patterns so we can systematically resolve the issues with an update.
Otis, we will investigate. Just don't delete the app and make sure you have a backup URL saved in your emails.
Thanks, it means a lot to get some support, we really appreciate it. Last week was a long stressful week trying to identify and fix the issues. It sure will be nice to get everyone take care of and be able to focus on the future. Thanks for keeping a positive attitude and being patient.
I re-ran the upgrade and am still missing two vehicles. I have not deleted the app and am running V.3.0.9, build 184.108.40.206
1. The update still shows an Ultra Limited with no data -VIN, fuel entries, tag, service, notes, etc. This vehicle is a 2016 FLHTK Ultra Limited Harley Davidson. There are several entries associated with this vehicle.
2. I am completely missing a recently purchased 2016 Ram 2500 truck. The website shows this vehicle was entered, but it is not in my garage. There were only one or two entries associated with this vehicle, but I no longer have the records so I am unable to duplicate the entries. This is minor, and to quote Jerry Jones I may be trying to circumcise a mosquito but if that info is available I would like to have it.
Previously sync was stuck. Solved by deleting app and reinstalling and sync again.
Today entered one oil change service and tried to sync...stuck again.
Unlike the previous vesion of the app (v2)- After adding a fuel up or service entry, you do not need to force a sync. If you're logged into a Fuelly account, your data will automatically sync after adding a new entry.
Just wanted to update everyone, especially the Fuelly team, that after updating my iPhone app to the latest release this morning (3.0.10, build 220.127.116.11) and re-running the migration as listed in another thread here, I am now able to see all my data and so far everything appears to be fixed.
I just went through my log and find missing service entries for my F250 that I have entered every expense since I bought it new 3 years ago. I am not a happy paid client for this application. Your upgrade was a disaster for some of us and I just followed your instructions and went back to Aug and reran the migration I am still missing data. This is not what I paid for.
After several re-migrations and following your instructions exactly, we are still missing data from 2008-2009 for the Mazda Miata as well as missing data from August 2016 for the 2014 Lexus rx350. How do we get the data back?