Missing Data Issues (Re-Run 2.7 to 3.0 Upgrade) - Page 7 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2016, 01:18 AM   #61
Registered Member

Whatever anyone says my data is definitely corrupted. Its imported with a mix of KM figures and miles figures. I will have to edit each entry manually in order to correct it. It's just too far gone. Unfortunately my emails are now going unanswered so I've decided to post on here.

I can accept I'll have to 'fix' my corrupted data.

However, I’m still looking for a solution for my alternative fuel use (I sometimes fuel with Diesel and sometimes with Vegetable Oil) I can’t figure out how to add it in to the database - the only solution I can see is to substitute the name for something else like one of the biodiesel options?

Also, how does the new app handle partial fill ups? Gas Cubby used to spread the MPG calculation across the partial fill ups and the newest consecutive total fill up, but Fuelly just seems to leave the partial fill ups blank and disregard them from the calculations.

Thanks

jimkarthauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 12:27 PM   #62
Registered Member

I used the app all through last year (2015), recently went through a divorce and was forced to start my own apple ID, i cannot figure out how to get the information off of my old apple ID, nor do i know how to check for original date of purchase, but i do believe we were using the paid version at the time. Is there a way for me to get that information back? it has all of the data from my car from the day i bought it.
My old Apple ID was scaudra@gmail.com and it was for a 2012 suabru outback 3.6r

srodee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:45 AM   #63
Site Team

I don't see a back up data link for that email address. I will try some other options to see if I can dig up some data for you.

Edit:

I did try to retrieve data, but it appears that there was never a back up saved. You data was saved in the app on your phone. You may want to contact Apple to see what your options are to use an iCloud back up to recover the information.

I am sorry that there is not more that I can do to help.
EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:10 PM   #64
Registered Member

Hi EMY92 - are you there to help me too?
Old 11-04-2016, 12:27 PM   #65
Site Team

Jim,

What are you looking for? I do see a good amount of data in your Fuelly profile. However, I do not see any data syncing since you migrated. I reviewed our data log and do not see any errors in sync attempts, but there were only a few attempts in October.

If you have any error messages appearing, it would be helpful if you could take a screenshot and send them to the Support link in the app. That will provide me a little more data that may be useful.
Old 11-04-2016, 12:30 PM   #66
Registered Member

My questions are above. All of my data is corrupted since the migration to the new app.

Robert V was helping me by email, but then disappeared.
Old 11-04-2016, 12:43 PM   #67
Site Team

OK,

I don't want to risk you losing the data in the app that hasn't synced. I will set up a test account that I will migrate the data to. I will then transfer these vehicles to your Fuelly profile. You will need to accept them in your Fuelly mail.

I am concerned that you have unsynced data on your phone, especially since I do see attempts to sync without generating an error in our log.

If you do not have many records entered since migration, it might be easier to manually re-enter them into Fuelly after I transfer the vehicles. I will add a "2" to the names of the vehicles transferred.

Once you capture the unsynced data, delete Gas Cubby and re-install from the app store.

I will transfer the vehicles to your Fuelly mail shortly.
Old 11-04-2016, 01:08 PM   #68
Site Team

Jim,

Actually, I do see synced information for the Polo, please ignore the above about the syncing issue.

What I want you to do with the Polo currently in your Fuelly garage, scroll to below the "Log Book" and "Export Fuel-ups" from Sept. 9 to now. Save this file to your computer. After you accept the transfer of the vehicles to your Fuelly garage, "Import Fuel-ups" to Polo2.

Once you verify that the information is correct, you may delete/retire the duplicate vehicles, the open the app and "Sync All Data". You data should be straightened out.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:16 AM   #69
Registered Member

I haven't used the app at all since the upgrade EMY92. Can you talk me though exactly what to do to restore my data.

Thanks
Old 11-08-2016, 08:26 AM   #70
Site Team

Jim,

Log into your Fuelly.com profile. You will have "Fuelly Mail". Open the mail and accept the vehicles that I transferred to you.

This will bring the your vehicles that I migrated to a test account into your Fuelly garage.

Next, I would delete the "old" vehicles, except for the Polo. Please follow the instructions above to move the fuel ups from the Polo currently in your garage to the Polo2 that I transferred to you.