Missing Data Issues (Re-Run 2.7 to 3.0 Upgrade) - Page 8 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-08-2016, 08:34 AM   #71
Registered Member

Thank you - I have three vehicles though - the only active one is the transporter now - but I'd like to keep the data from the other two. Does this change anything?

jimkarthauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:38 AM   #72
Site Team

No, that won't change anything. I would delete the vehicles with incomplete data and replace with the ones that I transferred to you.

If you would like to keep the records of the other two, you may retire them. They will not be visible in Gas Cubby, but you will be able to view the data in Fuelly.

EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 09:38 AM   #73
Registered Member

So, I've done that, looking at the transporter2 file, its still corrupted. I've no choice but to either quit the app, or start afresh, I guess.
jimkarthauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 12:02 PM   #74
Registered Member

Angry Wtf

Can you please tell me why you did this? I don't have an ipod or another iphone to migrate to and don't recall ever being told to that . I have used gas cubby for years and have had all of my data now wiped out.

I think I upgraded to 3 what ever just because it had been a while. I should have realized that techies are never happy. Us users might be.

I am seriously disappointed.

Since I never had 2.7 to "migrate" to or from or what ever now wtf do I do.

Not very happy. This used to be an easy extremely reliable small platform.
dghattierdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 12:15 PM   #75
Site Team

Please open Gas Cubby 3.0 and sent in a ticket to the help desk, that gives me more information that I can get off of the message board. We should be able to help.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:23 AM   #76
Registered Member

GasCubby kept pestering me about migrating while everything seemed to sync fine with fuelly.com. To get rid of the migration request, I decided to migrate.

After migration I was stuck with many duplicate vehicles with data spread across these vehicles. Unfortunately this was immediately synced to my fuelly account so now my fuelly data was also messed up. So I decided to delete the app and restore the backup that was made before the migration.

When entering the URL for the backup, I got an "invalid URL" warning. For some reason it still managed to do something with my data and now I'm left with 2 vehicles, 1 with messed up data and the other without any data.

I'm following the advice of the above post to use the Feedback link in Gas Cubby, but I get the message "We're attempting to connect. Thanks for your patience!" with a connection never happening.

Does this mean I have to start all over again, losing 5 years of data?? Or is there a way to just restore the data that I had on fuelly until yesterday and sync that back to the app?
Arnoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 01:40 AM   #77
Site Team

Sorry about the difficulties.

I have examined the vehicles and combined the data back into one vehicle of each model. Please check your Fuelly profile to make sure that it is now correct. There are a few vehicles that have been deleted, but I do not know when that happened, they didn't match the other active vehicles in your profile.

Please let me know if you need anything else.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:01 AM   #78
Registered Member

Thanks for the attempt to fix this.

The average L/100km for the 508 looks good, but the detailed data and other averages are completely off. For instance, prices are listed as around 4€ while they should be around 1.10€. Distances & liters are also incorrect. At first it seemed as if my data was treated as imperial instead of metric, but some distances then still do not make any sense (e.g. distances of 70-90km, while a distance of around 1000km is normal).

For the other car the distances could be realistic, but all other data is wrong incl. the averages..
Arnoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 02:25 AM   #79
Site Team

I'll dig a little deeper into it. If one of the vehicles showed to be in the US, then the import would have been coverted. The price of 4 Euros would be right if the price per liter was converted to price per gallon.
Old 12-31-2016, 12:59 PM   #80
Registered Member

help with re-migration

I had to reset my iPhone so I lost all my gas cubby info. I do have my link from syncing. Unfortunately I just found out today that you all have a new and improved app. I'm trying to add my old info to the new app. Please help. I have very important car info on there that I need. Unfortunately my last back up was 11-12-16. but its better than having nothing. Please help me restore my info. email is the same for gas cubby and fully.

teashay is offline   Reply With Quote