Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2016, 08:10 PM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchock View Post
how do I get a backup url?
It was emailed to you when you performed the initial migration.

FreeLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:02 PM   #12
Registered Member

Still no entries after upgrade rerun

Dear Fuelly,

Yet another update, yet another failure.

None of my entries contains crucial information about how much fuel I poured into the tank. I have my odo details, location of fuel up, but no Litres.

I've followed your instructions to the letter, using both options, as I have not deleted the app.

Using app data - no fuel data appeared.
Pasting the link that was supposed to contain my backup data - no fuel data appeared.

Which can only mean two things.

Either your migration backup is flawed or your upgrade delete some data of individual entries on my iPad.

Please take it seriously.

Kitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 02:18 AM   #13
Registered Member

Hi Fuelly

I'm still having issues too, after re-migrating today to the latest version. My old vehicles have duplicated data, which is fine, I can just delete the duplicate. However, the data set for my current vehicle is completely messed up.

1. I have duplicate logs for each fill up but they are not identical.

for example

25/08/16 6.359L £6.98
25/08/16 6.359L £6.99

Every fuel entry has a very similar duplicate.

2. On the old app I've been recording my fuel usage correctly as I use two fuels - vegetable oil and pumped diesel. This data has not been brought forward correctly either. I can't see any option to add a custom fuel like there was on the old app.

3. Finally, I record my data in KM, with KM/L, but it has brought it forward as miles. If I switch the units to KM/L my odometer readings are still in miles on the app which completely messes up the data. On the old app switching between KM/L and MPG would convert all of the odometer readings. It would appear that this isn't the case any more. They are brought forward in miles but I can't change it to KM, even manually, it would seem.

The old app was great, and was everything I needed and wanted. I understand there are teething issues, but please can we have the opportunity to go back to the old app until this problem is properly sorted?

Or at least have a CSV copy of all of our data.

Thanks

Jim
jimkarthauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 04:23 AM   #14
Registered Member

I'm having a similar problem as spark622. Two of my vehicles are missing. I did not delete the app
OtisH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 04:33 AM   #15
Registered Member

BTW - Thanks for all the hard work your team has put into this trying to improve your product and get these issues resolved!!
OtisH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 05:02 AM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkarthauser View Post
Hi Fuelly

I'm still having issues too, after re-migrating today to the latest version. My old vehicles have duplicated data, which is fine, I can just delete the duplicate. However, the data set for my current vehicle is completely messed up.

1. I have duplicate logs for each fill up but they are not identical.

for example

25/08/16 6.359L £6.98
25/08/16 6.359L £6.99

Every fuel entry has a very similar duplicate.

2. On the old app I've been recording my fuel usage correctly as I use two fuels - vegetable oil and pumped diesel. This data has not been brought forward correctly either. I can't see any option to add a custom fuel like there was on the old app.

3. Finally, I record my data in KM, with KM/L, but it has brought it forward as miles. If I switch the units to KM/L my odometer readings are still in miles on the app which completely messes up the data. On the old app switching between KM/L and MPG would convert all of the odometer readings. It would appear that this isn't the case any more. They are brought forward in miles but I can't change it to KM, even manually, it would seem.

The old app was great, and was everything I needed and wanted. I understand there are teething issues, but please can we have the opportunity to go back to the old app until this problem is properly sorted?

Or at least have a CSV copy of all of our data.

Thanks

Jim
Jim, it sounds like you will need to re-run the upgrade and set the distance/volume prior to import. That will fix the unit issue but not the duplicate log entries due to rounding error. We are aware of the rounding issue, it's on our list for the next build. I know this is not an ideal suggestion but if possible, I would wait until the next app update which should be able to fix both of your issues. That means writing down any entries so you can add them later.

If you really want to get the app online, I believe we can walk you through the re-upgrade using your backup URL where you can set the units. That should fix that issue but the rounding issue will still exist. So if you can wait, we should hopefully fix that in next weeks release.

Basically our focus was on trying to fix the largest issues that affected the most people. We still have a list of smaller issues that need to be resolved. We are prioritizing them based on the number of reports we are having for each issue. The issues with the most reports are getting fixed first.

We have been trying to size up the number of people affected and my rough math would suggest we had some around 10% (+/- 5%) of users might have had some type of issue. Of those, we are hoping, 80% of the issues will be resolved with this last fix released yesterday. Next week we will focus on the other fixes in our next release to hopefully resolve 80% of the last remaining issues. Keep repeating.

As for a CSV export, we don't have a tool that will take your old GasCubby 2.7 and convert it to CSV. Once you are on Fuelly we do have an export tool to get a CSV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark622 View Post
Hello. I just re-ran the migration from 2.7 to 3.0 and I'm still missing some data (logs) on one of my cars.

1. I am experiencing the issue with only one of my vehicles. All the other vehicles appear to be fine.
2. At no point did I delete the app from my phone (so the old 2.7 database is still on the phone)
3. I've been using Gas Cubby since 2009.

Is there anything else I can do at this point to restore my data? If nothing can be done, I'm actually ok with getting a data dump of my file in either xl or csv if that's simpler.

-sam
Sam, we will be in touch to investigate. We are trying to find patterns so we can systematically resolve the issues with an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtisH View Post
I'm having a similar problem as spark622. Two of my vehicles are missing. I did not delete the app
Otis, we will investigate. Just don't delete the app and make sure you have a backup URL saved in your emails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtisH View Post
BTW - Thanks for all the hard work your team has put into this trying to improve your product and get these issues resolved!!
Thanks, it means a lot to get some support, we really appreciate it. Last week was a long stressful week trying to identify and fix the issues. It sure will be nice to get everyone take care of and be able to focus on the future. Thanks for keeping a positive attitude and being patient.
andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 08:37 AM   #17
Registered Member

Still not all cars in the new app

Hello Fuelly team,

as I don't get answers (any longer) via the built in Feedback tool, I'll post my problems here:

I updated to the new version on first day the update was released.
The upgrade process leads me through the migration process for all of my 4 cars.
I received the backup url.

The migration failed and I initially had only 2 of my 4 cards in the new app.
As the new GasCubby app had a lot of problems on first day, I deleted and reinstalled the app -
the next day, you hinted to NOT delete the app...

Today I tried to re-run the import process by pasting the backup URL into the migration toll and again only 2 of my previous 4 cars are restored.

The actual car is missing and one of the older cars.

What to do now?

My username is @gadgetto
My email is [Redacted]- RobertV

Please help!
gadgetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:56 AM   #18
Registered Member

Still missing data

I am still missing data. Vin, service logs etc. Come on already. Unbelievable
larryjjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 10:13 AM   #19
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryjjs View Post
I am still missing data. Vin, service logs etc. Come on already. Unbelievable
Tap Edit Vehicle.
Are you certain the VIN/etc are still missing?
If so, which vehicle(s) specifically?
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:48 AM   #20
Registered Member

Stonewalling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
Tap Edit Vehicle.
Are you certain the VIN/etc are still missing?
If so, which vehicle(s) specifically?
Robert, why do you start your reply with a question that doubts everyhing the user said?

All the replies seem to revolve around 'our method works'.

Yet you have a substantial amount of users who, by the looks of it, lost the data.

I'll be glad to work with you on solving the issue, as I'm sure other users would, but the ball is now on your half of the court.

For crying out loud, people shared their personal details here to incite your assistance.

Kitko is offline   Reply With Quote