Missing Data Issues (Re-Run 2.7 to 3.0 Upgrade) - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-15-2016, 09:47 AM   #31
Registered Member

Hello, have you tried to locate my previous data?

cchock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 09:56 AM   #32
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkarthauser View Post
~snip~

Jim
Emailed you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchock View Post
Hello, have you tried to locate my previous data?
I'm not seeing a backup associated to the email address you used to register your Fuelly account. Did you delete the app at some point (perhaps during the install/migration process) or maybe use a different email address when it prompted to send you a backup?

*Edit- just found another post where you said you deleted the app during install.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 02:36 PM   #33
Registered Member

So....I have been emailing back and forth with Edward Young and he just informed me that you (Fuelly) can't find any of my service data. I sent him by backup link that your system sent to me when you HIJACKED my application and apparently your developers are unable to recover my data.

Let me tell you...I am beyond sick to my stomach. I am a PAYING customer of GasCubby. I did not use the free version. I entrusted GasCubby to sync my data (which I did religiously) and store it safely. I do not have a backup of my service records for my vehicle. Everything was in GasCubby.

How is Fuelly going to address this? Clearly I am not the only person who is incredibly frustrated and DISAPPOINTED in the way this migration has occurred.

I should mention....I've done every single thing that Fuelly has suggested to get my data back to no avail.
dianabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 04:04 PM   #34
Site Team

Diana, I sent you a direct message asking for any other email addresses that might be connected to the old sync server. That server was left untouched, all the synced data is still on it. So if we can find your data we can import it into the new system.

Also, do you happen to have any iCloud backups?
andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 04:25 PM   #35
Registered Member

Diana - you should receive two emails tonight. Can you please accept both requests from the old Gas Cubby sync server?

thanks.
FreeLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 07:42 AM   #36
Registered Member

As with other users, I have lost a lot of data stored in data files relative to the old Gas Cubby application. Specifically, I have lost most of the information recorded from 2004 to 2009 for the jeep. Please look for my data on the old server so I can get this sorted out. Like others who have posted, I have tried everything you suggested in your email notifications.
jstackhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 07:15 AM   #37
Registered Member

I accidentally deleted one of my vehicles when trying to eliminate duplicate vehicles. Is there a process to restore my data by reversing the deletion?
MarkPrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:02 AM   #38
Registered Member

Hello Robert (of site team)

Before I get un-civil, I would like to suggest one small change to your upgrade to version 3.08. Your upgrade should offer people the option of checking to see if their data actually exists on your server before it destroys the old version of the program. That may be an Apple issue or your issue all I know is this.

Your upgrade, which automatically loads from iTunes (and automatically deletes my old version of Gas Cubby) does not check to see if the user has an account on Fuelly. I was using the Gas Cubby app as a stand alone program to store my fuel and maintenance data. Your new program has removed my old program, deleted 7 years of data and then locked up completely because I never subscribed to an on-line back up of my data. It would have been nice to have the choice to stop this process before I downloaded the newest version. I am sure your new version of Gas Cubby has all kinds of wonderful new features AND you would have been justified in asking me to PAY for an upgrade. But the only new feature I have been able to use is the COMPLETE DESTRUCTION of 7 years of data.

So to finish this email and become completely un-civil. Fxxx you and the horse you rode in on!
lebrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:33 AM   #39
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkPrid View Post
I accidentally deleted one of my vehicles when trying to eliminate duplicate vehicles. Is there a process to restore my data by reversing the deletion?
I've restored all your deleted vehicles. You can now Edit-Delete the ones you do not need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebrower View Post
Hello Robert (of site team)

Before I get un-civil, I would like to suggest one small change to your upgrade to version 3.08. Your upgrade should offer people the option of checking to see if their data actually exists on your server before it destroys the old version of the program. That may be an Apple issue or your issue all I know is this.

Your upgrade, which automatically loads from iTunes (and automatically deletes my old version of Gas Cubby) does not check to see if the user has an account on Fuelly. I was using the Gas Cubby app as a stand alone program to store my fuel and maintenance data. Your new program has removed my old program, deleted 7 years of data and then locked up completely because I never subscribed to an on-line back up of my data. It would have been nice to have the choice to stop this process before I downloaded the newest version. I am sure your new version of Gas Cubby has all kinds of wonderful new features AND you would have been justified in asking me to PAY for an upgrade. But the only new feature I have been able to use is the COMPLETE DESTRUCTION of 7 years of data.

So to finish this email and become completely un-civil. Fxxx you and the horse you rode in on!
Lynn,
Would you be willing to give me an opportunity to investigate your data loss and try to get it restored to v3 for you?
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:07 AM   #40
Registered Member

Hello Robert,

No need.

I was able to reset and restart from a backup. For reasons I do not completely understand I was able to get ver 3.0.8 up and my data is still present.

Let's put it down to my fault and let me offer my apologies for an intemperate post.

lebrower is offline   Reply With Quote