Missing Vehicles and Logs (Fuel and Service)
You can re-migrate your data using this new version of Gas Cubby. In order to do this, please follow the below steps:
Please Read These Instructions Carefully
Follow The Instructions Exactly
1) Update your app to v3.0.8 using the app store (if needed). Many users have their phones set to update their apps overnight if connected to WiFI.
2) Make sure you are logged into fuelly.com. You can check this by going to the Settings menu and if you see a “Logout” button, that means you are logged into the app.
*Note- if you have not yet setup sync or are choosing not to, skip to step 3*
3) At the bottom of the Settings screen there is a link to “Re-run 2.7 to 3.0 Upgrade”. Tap on this link.
At this point the app will walk you through the Re-migration process. Please read the instructions carefully.
4) Select your Fuel Efficiency (I.e. MPG, Km/L, etc..)
5) Please note that this will restore the data as of the backup file date (for many, this is the date you migrated from v2.7 to 3.0). Any data entered since the backup file date will not be migrated and will be removed during this process. You have two options to re-migrate:
5a) You can use the existing 2.7 data located within your app provided that you have NOT deleted the app since you have upgraded. To do this, simply tap Continue.
5b) You can paste in the URL that you received via email.
6) Enter your vehicle(s) Location / Year / Make / Model / Submodel / etc Make sure to select your Country. If you don't select the proper Country, fuel data may create errors in your logs.
7) Enter your fuelly.com user ID and password *Note- if this is your first time registering your previously used email for GasCubby sync is NOT your Fuelly.com login. You must create a new account.*
8) Verify that your vehicle(s) and data are correct.
------------ Any questions or concerns during this process, please post in this thread with what steps you've completed before encountering a problem so that we can help troubleshoot. The more information you provide, the faster we can help find a resolution.
version 3.0.8 build 220.127.116.110 here no "request 2.7 recovery data" option in settings
Have you deleted the app and done a fresh install of GasCubby? the reason I ask is because the app only shows that option when it sees the old 2.7 database on the current device. If there is no 2.7 database on the current device the link is not shown.
It was supposed to be sent to you when you first ran through the migration. If you did not get one, can you confirm that you deleted the app from your phone? Did you regularly sync with old GasCubby server? If so, we might be able to find your info there.
yes I deleted the old app because that day the update was stuck. Yes I did regularly synced with the old gas cubby server. Thanks for your help!
purchased app on 01/02/14
OK, we will look to see if we can find one of your backups on the old server. Please be patient, it might not be until next week that we can look. Did you use the same email address for the old sync server that is link to your Fuelly account?
Hello. I just re-ran the migration from 2.7 to 3.0 and I'm still missing some data (logs) on one of my cars.
1. I am experiencing the issue with only one of my vehicles. All the other vehicles appear to be fine.
2. At no point did I delete the app from my phone (so the old 2.7 database is still on the phone)
3. I've been using Gas Cubby since 2009.
Is there anything else I can do at this point to restore my data? If nothing can be done, I'm actually ok with getting a data dump of my file in either xl or csv if that's simpler.