Need help (iPhone died) - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2016, 11:12 AM   #1
Registered Member

Need help (iPhone died)

My iPhone died today and I had to purchase a new one. Despite backing up constantly, iTunes says my backup is "corrupt." As such, I'm having to use a four month old backup.

I had no problem updating to 3.0 so my data is up-to-date on the site. My iPhone backup is the old version of the app, though, and before I either upgrade the version on the new phone or tap in my email address to sync, I want to be sure that I don't over-write the complete data backed up online with my partial data on the phone. Is it safe?

While this isn't top priority, I'm going through my list of data I want to recover. If nothing else, focusing on smaller things like this is helping me not stress about lost photos, messages, etc. Ugh. Okay.

ironwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 11:31 AM   #2
Registered Member

If all is good on Fuelly (everything from 2.7 migrated to 3.0 fine and sync to Fuelly without issues) then I would delete 2.7 from your device and then download 3.0 from the app store. Then you'll just login to your Fuelly.com account and all will be good to go.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 11:36 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
If all is good on Fuelly (everything from 2.7 migrated to 3.0 fine and sync to Fuelly without issues) then I would delete 2.7 from your device and then download 3.0 from the app store. Then you'll just login to your Fuelly.com account and all will be good to go.
"Yuge" Thanks! Right now I'm thoroughly dunderheaded, though and want to be sure I understand: there's no danger of accidentally uploading incomplete data?

If that's the case... well, when I finish restoring my iPhone* tonight or tomorrow then I'll give it a shot.

TMI/tl;dr I found a more recent (August instead of April) backup for my iPhone. I'm already doing the April restore. After that I'll try the August one and see if it works. That'd be a major relief. THEN I'll do the app-by-app stuff. Jeez. Makes me almost miss keeping a notebook for this stuff.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:04 PM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironwaffle View Post
"Yuge" Thanks! Right now I'm thoroughly dunderheaded, though and want to be sure I understand: there's no danger of accidentally uploading incomplete data?

If that's the case... well, when I finish restoring my iPhone* tonight or tomorrow then I'll give it a shot.

TMI/tl;dr I found a more recent (August instead of April) backup for my iPhone. I'm already doing the April restore. After that I'll try the August one and see if it works. That'd be a major relief. THEN I'll do the app-by-app stuff. Jeez. Makes me almost miss keeping a notebook for this stuff.
Well, I looked at your Fuelly profile- ironwaffle's Profile | Fuelly
And there aren't any vehicles. I guess you hadn't synced yet after updating to 3.0?
So please disregard my previous message. I hadn't looked at your profile, and was under the assumption everything was synced up.

Based on the new information you've provided, I would definitely recommend restoring the August backup, restoring 2.7, entering your email to sync like you have in the past, sync all your data down to the app, (at this point, you may even consider taking a backup of your data from that same sync/email page in v2.7) and then updating to 3.0 from the app store to repeat the migration process.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 02:18 PM   #5
Registered Member

My forum name doesn't match my app login info (that was an accident). I'm sending you a PM with a *little* more detail. If I read it right things should be good -- even though, sadly, both my recent iPhone backups are "corrupt" so I've lost months of health data, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
Well, I looked at your Fuelly profile- ironwaffle's Profile | Fuelly
And there aren't any vehicles. I guess you hadn't synced yet after updating to 3.0?
So please disregard my previous message. I hadn't looked at your profile, and was under the assumption everything was synced up.

Based on the new information you've provided, I would definitely recommend restoring the August backup, restoring 2.7, entering your email to sync like you have in the past, sync all your data down to the app, (at this point, you may even consider taking a backup of your data from that same sync/email page in v2.7) and then updating to 3.0 from the app store to repeat the migration process.