phone App and missing fuel ups - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2015, 12:59 PM   #1
Registered Member

phone App and missing fuel ups

Hello

It seems that my App (ios 8) had logged the last 9 fuel up on my phone but was never finished syncing. Today I logged into the webpage on a computer and all my fill ups are gone off my phone and the webpage show my last one as june 2nd.
anyway to get the missing ones from my phone back?

Geoffrey

gjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 05:07 PM   #2
Registered Member

To confirm, all the fuel ups that didn't make it to Fuelly.com are no longer on your device/phone?

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:24 AM   #3
Registered Member

I'm having the same issue. I have been using Fuelly since April, 2015 - from a friend's recommendation. And when the iOS app updated to this newer version, my previous fuel-ups are no longer on my phone. Today is my first time to the fuelly.com website, and there's nothing here. Any help is welcomed. Thanks.
RoFlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:13 PM   #4
Registered Member

It appears that my last fuel up on 9/10 is missing as well.
emugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:34 PM   #5
Registered Member

I lost a couple as well on each vehicle - they've disappeared from the website as well. Update that came in today added a data recovery option that didn't help. Guess i've got to start a new tank with a 'missed fill up'
Frogdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 05:09 PM   #6
Registered Member

It seems that v2 was not syncing all data as it should have. This could've been you were using your device in some underground lair with no signal for months (looking at you- you evil doers) or there was an error in they data that was halting the sync process.
The problem is, there wasn't a notification or response to let anyone (you, the user) know there was a problem.
Ideally, if you were logging into Fuelly.com periodically, you might've noticed the data not syncing, but if not, then the data was sitting in your device unsynced in limbo.

The latest update introduced an option to send us a backup. This will only work if you HAVE NOT deleted GasTracker from your device. If you deleted it before (or after v3 update) the locally saved data will not be able to be retrieved. Please only use this if you believe there are fuel-ups missing. You also may consider using the feedback tool to follow up and let us know roundabout how many fuel ups may be unsynced and/or a date range of fuel ups that didn't make it to Fuelly.com. This will allow us to cross-reference the backups we receive as well as your feedback and give you a progress/status update.

This is a tedious process to pull the backup file you send us and one by one compare the fuel ups and find the ones missing (feedback from you will help us narrow down the search). I can't promise that all the fuel ups will be recovered, but we're hoping this database recovery option will help restore most.

Thankfully, based on the feedback we've received, this sync bug was not a wide-spread or common issue. And version 3 is much better at letting you know if a sync did not perform properly.

Thanks for your patience everyone.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:15 PM   #7
Registered Member

I lost a month's worth of fill ups from both cars.

I had always assumed it took so long to save a fill up because it was syncing while calculating the mileage. Guess not!

When I first launched v3 after it updated, I was not remembered—it presented me a login screen which was the first inkling I got that it had updated. So I assume those missing fill ups are not in the app anywhere.
julian-alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:07 PM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian-alice View Post
So I assume those missing fill ups are not in the app anywhere.
Have you deleted GasTracker at any point from your device?
Old 09-14-2015, 09:36 PM   #9
Registered Member

I did not. But I also don't see the missing fill ups within the app. Like I said, it logged me out, so I only see what the site sees since I logged in.
julian-alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:29 AM   #10
Registered Member

I have uploaded my backup and sent a feedback message about mine. Now I guess I wait and see.

emugga is offline   Reply With Quote