Preferences while travelling - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-15-2016, 11:07 AM   #1
Registered Member

Preferences while travelling

I'm in Canada and have the settings as km and litres for fuel.
I travel to the USA fairly often and while using GasCubby, I had to convert the US purchases (gal) to litres before entering.
In the new app, if I enter gallons, will it convert it to litres on the fly?
If I have Location Services turned on and it knows I'm in the USA, will it ask for the fuel in gallons?

DaveStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 01:05 PM   #2
Registered Member

No, the app will not do any conversions based on your travels.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 02:13 PM   #3
Registered Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveStephens View Post
I'm in Canada and have the settings as km and litres for fuel.
I travel to the USA fairly often and while using GasCubby, I had to convert the US purchases (gal) to litres before entering.
In the new app, if I enter gallons, will it convert it to litres on the fly?
If I have Location Services turned on and it knows I'm in the USA, will it ask for the fuel in gallons?
This is a great way to log fuel ups....but yes, that would be handy.

I travel both Canada and USA a lot, and find the hassel of converting formats a pain, plus there's always a chance of conversion error. Especially on the fly.

Having a tab that provides the user with the option of adding each fuel up in either liters or gallons...and price per liter or price per gallon.....would sure make things simpler!

It'd be wonderfully user friendly to simply just be able to select... for each individual fuel up..... whether it's a USA purchase or a Canadian purchase, and then have the entry format change accordingly with Fuelly converting everything over to the users preference settings, automatically upon saving the data. Saving the user from having to adapt pump data, by hand, before entering it.

Also, my truck's odometer is in kms, not miles.....so that would be another handy addition, a choice in what the odometer readout is.....kms or miles. I can't use the odometer reading selection because it reads in miles. So I have to select the option of using how many kms per trip.

Just some thoughts. I SURE hope the tech folks read these...Fuelly rocks otherwise! Great job, folks!

CanuckCountryGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 10:28 AM   #4
Registered Member

I'm adding my voice to this feature request. This would be a very welcome addition for those who travel between the two countries on a regular basis (even only on occasion!).
cgingras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 07:31 AM   #5
Registered Member

The distance units (odometer) should be tied to the definition of the vehicle and should never change. Whereas I agree the fuel units quantity and price-per-unit should be changeable.
ajbarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:06 AM   #6
Registered Member

I am planning a trip that will include thousands of USA miles plus thousands more Canadian kilometers. It appears as though I will have to manually convert every fill up in Canada, and there will be many, in order to keep accurate fuel records. Until just now, it had never occurred to me that Fuelly didn't already do this conversion.

prius363 is offline   Reply With Quote