Fixed: Problems Syncing with IOS8 (iPhone 6) - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2015, 09:42 PM   #31
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaonms View Post
Please add me to the list of folks encountering troubles attempting to sync to a new iPhone 6.
I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app and forced closed it as well.
Can you provide me with a little more detail as to what you're experiencing?
What version of the app? What iOS version? What device?
Are you moving to a new device? Do you still have the old one?

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:27 PM   #32
Registered Member

I also have much data on my old iPhone 4s I need synced with my iphone 6. When I try to sync my 4s, I'm expecting a sync file to be sent to my email allowing me to sync with my new phone. I am not receiving anything.

Please assist with syncing!! I need this data back.
Thank you.

Cyllyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 07:49 PM   #33
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyllyn View Post
I also have much data on my old iPhone 4s I need synced with my iphone 6. When I try to sync my 4s, I'm expecting a sync file to be sent to my email allowing me to sync with my new phone. I am not receiving anything.

Please assist with syncing!! I need this data back.
Thank you.
Are you performing a Sync or emailing yourself a backup file?
Have you ensured your email address entered is correct?
Old 01-30-2015, 05:13 PM   #34
Registered Member

With so many complains on sync issues, I don't dare to sync my data fearing my data might be lost. What should be the correct procedure? Why isn't there proper method or FAQ to guide through?
foccacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:21 PM   #35
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foccacia View Post
With so many complains on sync issues, I don't dare to sync my data fearing my data might be lost. What should be the correct procedure? Why isn't there proper method or FAQ to guide through?
It may seem like there are a lot of users with sync problems, but only because this is where it's easiest to reach out to them and troubleshoot. So far there's only been a couple that the data was completely irretrievable (user no longer had their old phone with data on it to pull from for example).

There isn't a tried and true method to recover "lost" data. Because it's really case by case. When I help troubleshoot with a user on a one-on-one basis, we cover all the stops.
Ensure you've synced your data-
http://www.fuelly.com/gascubby/suppo...nlinesync.html

Then if you're moving to a new phone, login and sync to move data over before you completely wipe/get rid of your old device.

Also, as a backup (for the backup) feature, we introduced an option to pull the SQLite file and send it to our servers and then email it to yourself for your safe keeping.
I'd recommend saving the data from time to time, but you do NOT have to restore it unless for whatever reason, Sync stops working and you've reached out to me and we've determined that restoring the SQLite file is the best solution.
More details here: SQL Restore Instructions
Old 01-30-2015, 06:49 PM   #36
Registered Member

I have constant error messages stating that my sync did not go through or did not complete.
my MPG 'seem' to be correct, but i don't want to use an app that seems to be correct.
I want an app that IS correct...
while i have been using this app for quite a few years now, it has too many 'bugs' now.
i am going to try miles tracker or a related app to track my mileage and MPG...

sorry to see it happen, and hate to say it, but this fuelly app, just isn't doing it for me anymore. too many bugs, too many sync issues.

good luck you guys, it's been a good ride, but i need a reliable product.
buelligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 07:11 PM   #37
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buelligan View Post
I have constant error messages stating that my sync did not go through or did not complete.
my MPG 'seem' to be correct, but i don't want to use an app that seems to be correct.
I want an app that IS correct...
while i have been using this app for quite a few years now, it has too many 'bugs' now.
i am going to try miles tracker or a related app to track my mileage and MPG...

sorry to see it happen, and hate to say it, but this fuelly app, just isn't doing it for me anymore. too many bugs, too many sync issues.

good luck you guys, it's been a good ride, but i need a reliable product.
I'm really sorry you're having trouble. If you can give me some info I can try to help.

What error message are you receiving? What version of the app are you running? What device and iOS version?

I'm not sure what you mean by the numbers "seem correct". Where are you seeing a discrepancy? Can you provide me with your CSV file, or maybe even a screenshot so we can see what's going on?

To be honest, there hasn't been any major updates to the existing Gas Cubby.
We had to release a few critical patches because the app (which was built years ago- by the previous owner by the way) was struggling with the iOS 8 update.
The issues with the syncing data/moving to a new device are only becoming more prominent as new devices are being released (iPhone 6/6+) and our users are wanting to upgrade to them. What's frustrating is that we hadn't changed anything with the sync server because we didn't want to risk any data loss until we were ready to fully migrate ALL the data to Fuelly's servers. This means the bugs/problems were around before we even took over the app. So we've been working overtime to get our servers ready to accept the data and get our new update ready to sync that data. We did offer a preventative option that I mentioned above (the SQLite backup).

The major updates are coming in version 3, which we're working on internally; finding and fixing as many bugs as we can before releasing to our beta testers.

Hate to hear you're leaving, but I encourage you to keep us in mind and watch for the update so you can give us another shot later on down the road!
Old 03-29-2015, 12:05 PM   #38
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
Can you provide me with a little more detail as to what you're experiencing?
What version of the app? What iOS version? What device?
Are you moving to a new device? Do you still have the old one?
Sorry for the delay…
Moved from an iPhone 5 to 6
iPhone 6; software 8.1.2
Gas Cubby 2.7.1
Still have the 5... for now...
aaonms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:02 PM   #39
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaonms View Post
Sorry for the delay…
Moved from an iPhone 5 to 6
iPhone 6; software 8.1.2
Gas Cubby 2.7.1
Still have the 5... for now...
Is the data still on the 5?
Have you attempted any of the suggestions I've posted in this thread?
Old 05-03-2015, 09:30 PM   #40
Registered Member

Restoring to iPhone 5s

I have an iPhone 5s with iOS 8.3 and tried the recommendations in the restore instructions, but the apps listed can't seem to get around the iTunes app sharing issue. I'm kind of stuck now and was wondering if there were any workarounds to getting my years of data restored. I have the sqlite3 file from my last backup on Gas Cubby.

Thanks!... Eddie

vballnut is offline   Reply With Quote