Really confused, can someone ELI5? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 02-15-2016, 02:50 PM   #1
Registered Member

Really confused, can someone ELI5?

Obviously, beyond the announcement almost 3-years ago about the Fuelly purchase of GasCubby, I've not been paying attention. There seems to be a lot of threads, a lot of information and I'm really not sure where to go from here.

I first downloaded Gas Cubby on my iPod Touch, years ago, it says I have 297 entries. I do not want to lose them. But clearly, my really old iPod Touch running iOS 5.1.1 isn't a long term plan (hey, it still works, it still has app data and music on it). I also have an iPad, running 9.2.1 and an Android phone (Motorola DROID Mini), running KitKat. Where do I go now? I see posts about exporting the GC data and importing into Fuelly, but the Android app seems to have negative reviews. Should I hang tight and keep inputting my data in my iPod and wait for the updated version of GC? Will that exist on iOS and Android and sync my data?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Dawn

dmwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 05:10 AM   #2
Registered Member

Welcome aboard!

We're currently beta testing the update to Gas Cubby (Gas Cubby 3.0) and apart from a few minor things discovered (and resolved) so far everything is looking well. Our plan is to have it ready for launch in about a month.
I assume you have Pro installed on the iPod? If so, just be sure you're regularly syncing your data (and if you have Pro on your iPad, it'd be good to keep that up to date on sync as well. Reason being is there have been quite a few bugs with the existing Gas Cubby's sync function. There's an option to save a backup and email it to yourself as well in the Settings menu. That download URL that comes in the email will be handy, so hang on to it.

Gas Cubby 3.0 requires at least iOS 8.0 so if your iPod cant update to that, you wont be able to install the new version to it. Gas Cubby 3.0 WILL sync to Fuelly.com, and you can view the site via browser, or add fuel ups via the mobile site - m.fuelly.com - but our Android app (aCar) is still in the alpha stages of testing and wont be released until later this year.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:29 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you Robert, yes, I have the Pro version on my iPod and I'm syncing it now. I've also installed it on my iPad and will sync the data there when my iPod is done. Sounds like 3.0 will be the right path for me, I can wait to get this data onto my android phone.

Thank you for answering all my questions!
dmwhite is offline   Reply With Quote