Service Reminders ignore past services - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 01-21-2017, 05:06 PM   #1
Registered Member

Service Reminders ignore past services

Why is it that service reminders require me to input mileage data when they could simply go off of the most recent time that service appears in my log?

I migrated from the old GasCubby and all my services came through just fine with service tags that match Fuelly. Does Fuelly require manual entry or is my setup buggy?

MoBoJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:42 AM   #2
Site Team

Both Fuelly and Gas Cubby require the odometer reading for service entries.

EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:06 PM   #3
Registered Member

My service entries have odometer readings. In the old Gas Cubby this worked without fail, now my reminders require me to search through old service logs to find out when the service was and what the mileage was. Surely something is not working properly. I even made sure my service tags matched up.

Part of the problem is that the migration input the current date into many service reminders, so they had September 9th as a "starting from" time. Should it start from the date of the last service entry with that tag in it?
MoBoJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 03:03 AM   #4
Site Team

In many cases, the service reminders did not migrate properly from the old Gas Cubby to the new. In addition, there were many default reminders in the old Gas Cubby that users may not have even noticed and entered their own reminders, but all migrated to the new Gas Cubby.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:47 PM   #5
Registered Member

Angry Ok, so what is the fix???

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMY92 View Post
In many cases, the service reminders did not migrate properly from the old Gas Cubby to the new. In addition, there were many default reminders in the old Gas Cubby that users may not have even noticed and entered their own reminders, but all migrated to the new Gas Cubby.

Thank you for pointing out the obvious. Is there a fix for this migration issue?
I had service logs since 2010 for my vehicle and now I have none!?

Help please!
rockman6798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:25 AM   #6
Site Team

Yes, you may re-migrate your data. It looks like you migrated in March 23, but I did not see a backup file to check the data.

If you haven't deleted the app, the backup data should still be in the app. Or, if you have the email with the backup data link, you may use that. This link shows the steps need to do this: Upgrade Troubleshooting - Missing Data

Prior to doing that, I would go to your Fuelly profile and Export Fuel-ups from March 23 to now. It looks like 3 fuelups. The re-migration will delete the data in Fuelly and replace it with the data from March 23. You may then Import Fuel-ups and import the previously saved export.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:19 AM   #7
Registered Member

Thank you very much

Thank you very much for your prompt response.
The re-migration fixed the issue.
rockman6798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 05:23 AM   #8
Site Team

Excellent. I am glad that worked for you.

Please post here if you have questions in the future, or send a question to the help desk through the Feedback menu in the app. The questions sent to the help desk do get a quicker response.