Fixed: SQL Restore Instructions - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-02-2015, 10:20 PM   #11
Registered Member

I STILL cannot reload my data!

I have GasCubby, and I CANNOT restore my data! I am using version 2.7.1 on iOS 9.0.2 and an iPhone 6. When I click the sync button, it says I have to register my email. I put in the correct email address, wait for the email, click the link in the email, and NO JOY! I tried using the instructions above, but when it came time to upload the sql file using iExplore, it won’t let me! I am told that the app does not allow file sharing, so I CANNOT get my data! I do NOT want to restore an old backup! HELP ME! Or better yet, FIX THE SYNC FEATURE!

akcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:30 AM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akcarver View Post
I have GasCubby, and I CANNOT restore my data! I am using version 2.7.1 on iOS 9.0.2 and an iPhone 6. When I click the sync button, it says I have to register my email. I put in the correct email address, wait for the email, click the link in the email, and NO JOY! I tried using the instructions above, but when it came time to upload the sql file using iExplore, it won’t let me! I am told that the app does not allow file sharing, so I CANNOT get my data! I do NOT want to restore an old backup! HELP ME! Or better yet, FIX THE SYNC FEATURE!
Have you seen this thread- http://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/syn...m-18039-6.html

Try changing your email address by capitalizing the first letter.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:38 AM   #13
Registered Member

Tried, no joy. I think I'm going to have to go through a very tedious cycle of restoring the old backup, deleting everything except GasCubby, creating a new backup, and then restoring that backup to a different device so I can manually reenter all the info on my iPhone. This sucks out loud and twice on Sunday.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:05 AM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Tried, no joy. I think I'm going to have to go through a very tedious cycle of restoring the old backup, deleting everything except GasCubby, creating a new backup, and then restoring that backup to a different device so I can manually reenter all the info on my iPhone. This sucks out loud and twice on Sunday.
I also heard that changing a letter in the domain name will work as well.

Ex: "name@email.com" vs "name@Email.com" or "Name@Email.com"

Might take some playing around a bit, but if you're receiving the email, then this will likely be the easier "fix" than attempting what you proposed.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:19 AM   #15
Registered Member

GOT IT! It was extremely tedious and frustrating, but it finally works. I had to switch case twice, but it’s good to go. Now that that’s done, please please PLEASE make it so that I can backup the data to my computer and restore it through the app itself without having to rely on some ephemeral cloud backup.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:24 AM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
GOT IT! It was extremely tedious and frustrating, but it finally works. I had to switch case twice, but it’s good to go. Now that that’s done, please please PLEASE make it so that I can backup the data to my computer and restore it through the app itself without having to rely on some ephemeral cloud backup.
For a future release I believe.
The next version of Gas Cubby will have sync to Fuelly, so you wont have to worry about restoring any backups when switching devices.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:30 AM   #17
Registered Member

I followed the instructions to restore my backup file using iExplorer and when I get to Part II Step 6, it does not list Gas Cubby. When I click Show All Apps and click Gas Cubby, it says "This App does not have iTunes File Sharing enabled" and won't let me access the documents under Gas Cubby. How do I complete this restore?
Strilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:14 AM   #18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strilo View Post
I followed the instructions to restore my backup file using iExplorer and when I get to Part II Step 6, it does not list Gas Cubby. When I click Show All Apps and click Gas Cubby, it says "This App does not have iTunes File Sharing enabled" and won't let me access the documents under Gas Cubby. How do I complete this restore?
This seems to be broken, based on the feedback I've received.

Alternatively, if you have your backup URL, copy it, open GasCubby and in the Settings screen tap the "Remote URL" link next to the app's version number (2.7.5).
It'll bring up a prompt for you to paste in the URL for your backup. Tap done and then force close the app (double tap home button and swipe to close the app).
Relaunch GasCubby. It'll now launch with whatever data was available in that backup.

This may stop the normal online sync function from working. However, if you're using this method, I can only assume you've already tried sync and it wasn't working for you anyway. Just a general warning.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:19 AM   #19
Registered Member

That worked thank you. And yes, I had no sync button at all. Will all of this get sorted in the future with a new version of Gas Cubby?
Strilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:29 AM   #20
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strilo View Post
That worked thank you. And yes, I had no sync button at all. Will all of this get sorted in the future with a new version of Gas Cubby?
Were you using the Free version before?

Yes, no more backups necessary since all data will instantly sync to Fuelly.com as you add new records.