Fixed: SQL Restore Instructions - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here for important details on the Gas Cubby v3 Free Launch

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-02-2015, 10:20 PM   #11
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3
Country: United States
I STILL cannot reload my data!

I have GasCubby, and I CANNOT restore my data! I am using version 2.7.1 on iOS 9.0.2 and an iPhone 6. When I click the sync button, it says I have to register my email. I put in the correct email address, wait for the email, click the link in the email, and NO JOY! I tried using the instructions above, but when it came time to upload the sql file using iExplore, it wonít let me! I am told that the app does not allow file sharing, so I CANNOT get my data! I do NOT want to restore an old backup! HELP ME! Or better yet, FIX THE SYNC FEATURE!
__________________

akcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:30 AM   #12
Registered Member
 
RobertV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,900
Country: United States
Location: San Antonio, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by akcarver View Post
I have GasCubby, and I CANNOT restore my data! I am using version 2.7.1 on iOS 9.0.2 and an iPhone 6. When I click the sync button, it says I have to register my email. I put in the correct email address, wait for the email, click the link in the email, and NO JOY! I tried using the instructions above, but when it came time to upload the sql file using iExplore, it wonít let me! I am told that the app does not allow file sharing, so I CANNOT get my data! I do NOT want to restore an old backup! HELP ME! Or better yet, FIX THE SYNC FEATURE!
Have you seen this thread- http://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/syn...m-18039-6.html

Try changing your email address by capitalizing the first letter.
__________________

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:38 AM   #13
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3
Country: United States
Tried, no joy. I think I'm going to have to go through a very tedious cycle of restoring the old backup, deleting everything except GasCubby, creating a new backup, and then restoring that backup to a different device so I can manually reenter all the info on my iPhone. This sucks out loud and twice on Sunday.
akcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:05 AM   #14
Registered Member
 
RobertV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,900
Country: United States
Location: San Antonio, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by akcarver View Post
Tried, no joy. I think I'm going to have to go through a very tedious cycle of restoring the old backup, deleting everything except GasCubby, creating a new backup, and then restoring that backup to a different device so I can manually reenter all the info on my iPhone. This sucks out loud and twice on Sunday.
I also heard that changing a letter in the domain name will work as well.

Ex: "name@email.com" vs "name@Email.com" or "Name@Email.com"

Might take some playing around a bit, but if you're receiving the email, then this will likely be the easier "fix" than attempting what you proposed.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:19 AM   #15
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3
Country: United States
GOT IT! It was extremely tedious and frustrating, but it finally works. I had to switch case twice, but it’s good to go. Now that that’s done, please please PLEASE make it so that I can backup the data to my computer and restore it through the app itself without having to rely on some ephemeral cloud backup.
akcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:24 AM   #16
Registered Member
 
RobertV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,900
Country: United States
Location: San Antonio, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by akcarver View Post
GOT IT! It was extremely tedious and frustrating, but it finally works. I had to switch case twice, but itís good to go. Now that thatís done, please please PLEASE make it so that I can backup the data to my computer and restore it through the app itself without having to rely on some ephemeral cloud backup.
For a future release I believe.
The next version of Gas Cubby will have sync to Fuelly, so you wont have to worry about restoring any backups when switching devices.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:30 AM   #17
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 7
Country: United States
I followed the instructions to restore my backup file using iExplorer and when I get to Part II Step 6, it does not list Gas Cubby. When I click Show All Apps and click Gas Cubby, it says "This App does not have iTunes File Sharing enabled" and won't let me access the documents under Gas Cubby. How do I complete this restore?
Strilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:14 AM   #18
Registered Member
 
RobertV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,900
Country: United States
Location: San Antonio, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strilo View Post
I followed the instructions to restore my backup file using iExplorer and when I get to Part II Step 6, it does not list Gas Cubby. When I click Show All Apps and click Gas Cubby, it says "This App does not have iTunes File Sharing enabled" and won't let me access the documents under Gas Cubby. How do I complete this restore?
This seems to be broken, based on the feedback I've received.

Alternatively, if you have your backup URL, copy it, open GasCubby and in the Settings screen tap the "Remote URL" link next to the app's version number (2.7.5).
It'll bring up a prompt for you to paste in the URL for your backup. Tap done and then force close the app (double tap home button and swipe to close the app).
Relaunch GasCubby. It'll now launch with whatever data was available in that backup.

This may stop the normal online sync function from working. However, if you're using this method, I can only assume you've already tried sync and it wasn't working for you anyway. Just a general warning.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:19 AM   #19
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 7
Country: United States
That worked thank you. And yes, I had no sync button at all. Will all of this get sorted in the future with a new version of Gas Cubby?
Strilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:29 AM   #20
Registered Member
 
RobertV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,900
Country: United States
Location: San Antonio, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strilo View Post
That worked thank you. And yes, I had no sync button at all. Will all of this get sorted in the future with a new version of Gas Cubby?
Were you using the Free version before?

Yes, no more backups necessary since all data will instantly sync to Fuelly.com as you add new records.
__________________

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.