Fixed: SQL Restore Instructions - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2016, 11:07 AM   #21
Registered Member

I'm on 2.7.5 now. I am not sure if I was using a paid or free version before. I've had the app since like 2009 I think. So I am good now for the future? I don't have to sync anything and I will still have my history in the future if something happens again?

Strilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 12:47 PM   #22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strilo View Post
I'm on 2.7.5 now. I am not sure if I was using a paid or free version before. I've had the app since like 2009 I think. So I am good now for the future? I don't have to sync anything and I will still have my history in the future if something happens again?
If you didn't have the sync icon, then it was likely the Free version.
GC 3.0 isn't out yet. You'll still want to use Sync, but there's a chance it may not work. So, you may consider just periodically using the backup function to save a backup and save the URL email you receive, in case something happens and you need to recover your data.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:12 AM   #23
Registered Member

Bumping this to add Screenshots, and updating OP-
If you have your backup URL (can be requested from within 2.7.5 and emailed to you), either directly from us, or saved to your dropbox, etc, please copy the location URL entirely (ensure it's https) and it should look something like-
Code:
https://www.fuelly.com/gc/backup/*your backup string here*
Launch 2.7.5 and open the Settings menu.
Tap the Remote URL link.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Remote URL Location.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	2222

A dialogue box will appear. Past the URL there (ensure it's HTTPS!)

Name:	Paste URL.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	2223

Tap Done and you should be back to the main page (no data will show- this is expected). Force Close GasCubby by double tapping the Home button and swiping up/away GasCubby.

Name:	Force Close.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	2224

Reopen GasCubby and your data from the backup should now be populated in the app.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:33 PM   #24
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
If you didn't have the sync icon, then it was likely the Free version.
GC 3.0 isn't out yet. You'll still want to use Sync, but there's a chance it may not work. So, you may consider just periodically using the backup function to save a backup and save the URL email you receive, in case something happens and you need to recover your data.
I am using 3.0 newerverion and I received my old data email, I could not find the url remote function in the app.

Can you pls show me the steps how to restore my old data into the newer version of Gas Cubby app.

Thank you.
WillTun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 01:10 AM   #25
Registered Member

Syncing matter

Hi,

I seem to have syncing problem with/following v3 upgrade, so I may wish to restore from the backup as well.

Anyone's help would be appreciated...I wrote to the Support, I will share the answer once received.
Grofur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 03:35 AM   #26
Registered Member

Duplicate entries

Using the paid version since 2010. Opened program and after update now have duplicate entries for all gas entries but not service entries. How do remove the duplicates without manually deleting 6 years worth of data?
ramilos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 05:59 AM   #27
Registered Member

Exclamation duplicated my gas logs on one of two vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramilos View Post
Using the paid version since 2010. Opened program and after update now have duplicate entries for all gas entries but not service entries. How do remove the duplicates without manually deleting 6 years worth of data?
I have the same problem, just installed GC 3.0 this morning, all my gas tries on the iOS app were duplicated for one of my two vehicles. I'm trying a "Sync All Data" right now as a first step to try and correct. I'll post info if I can find a way to correct this.
DJq8Y7bos6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:29 AM   #28
Registered Member

Thumbs down No workee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
Bumping this to add Screenshots, and updating OP-
If you have your backup URL (can be requested from within 2.7.5 and emailed to you), either directly from us, or saved to your dropbox, etc, please copy the location URL entirely (ensure it's https) and it should look something like-
Code:
https://www.fuelly.com/gc/backup/*your backup string here*
Launch 2.7.5 and open the Settings menu.
Tap the Remote URL link.
Attachment 2222

A dialogue box will appear. Past the URL there (ensure it's HTTPS!)
Attachment 2223

Tap Done and you should be back to the main page (no data will show- this is expected). Force Close GasCubby by double tapping the Home button and swiping up/away GasCubby.
Attachment 2224

Reopen GasCubby and your data from the backup should now be populated in the app.
How do I get the data to GasCubby 3.0.x app and to the web where I guess it resides for multi-platform use? This seems way more difficult than it should be. Wonder why?
  • 2016 Honda CRV EX-L
Henry-In-Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:49 AM   #29
Registered Member

Lost All My Service Data

I have the iphone app too and when I saw the new icon, I pressed it and was lead through a synch process (did get the backup too), but once the synch process was done, I lost all of my Service Records, which are important to me. Then about 10 minutes later I got an email from Fuelly tellming me to hold off synching, it was a little too late for that. Has anyone else had a similar issue? If so, how did you fix it?
Cyherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:29 AM   #30
Registered Member

Angry Re: Me Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyherm View Post
I have the iphone app too and when I saw the new icon, I pressed it and was lead through a synch process (did get the backup too), but once the synch process was done, I lost all of my Service Records, which are important to me. Then about 10 minutes later I got an email from Fuelly tellming me to hold off synching, it was a little too late for that. Has anyone else had a similar issue? If so, how did you fix it?
The only thing that saved me, Cyherm, was I didn't update! I installed on another device and found out after the fact that their system is busted/overloaded/whatnot. Mark me disappointed. 😡

• 2016 Honda CRV EX-L
Henry-In-Florida is offline   Reply With Quote