Fixed: SQL Restore Instructions - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2016, 12:50 PM   #31
Registered Member

I got my backup file and the link following the update.

ALL my mileage data in the app are lost - I know where I filled up but not how much...

Then I got an email from Fuelly pointing me to this thread - which provides instructions to restore data for version 2.7.5, not for the 3.0 which screwed up everything.

There was no warning to back up data before update, heck, there was no warning it app will actually be replaced!

All I did was follow Fuelly's instructions - and ended up with a useless app, without data, not to mention that despite the app's 'global' ambitions, it's database of European car models is ridiculously small.

I'll get in touch with Apple's support and complain about an update that resulted in a massive data loss. This app just doesn't deserve to be available.

Kitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:51 PM   #32
Registered Member

Post 3.0 upgrade - entries are there, but empty

I upgraded to 3.0 a few days ago. All of my fueling and service entries are there, but they are all partially empty. Each entry does contain the Odometer reading and date the entry was created, but the remaining fields are all empty. So all my fueling entries have 0.00 gallons.......

dieselsmoke1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 02:47 PM   #33
Site Team

I apologize for the issues. We can help you out. Just don't delete the app from your phone.

The SQLite backup that was sent was a copy of your old GasCubby database. With that we can access everything and make sure all the data is migrated over properly.

Today our team is focused on getting another build of the app out that will address the server issues. After that is done we will be able to start helping users with their data.
andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 02:48 PM   #34
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyherm View Post
I have the iphone app too and when I saw the new icon, I pressed it and was lead through a synch process (did get the backup too), but once the synch process was done, I lost all of my Service Records, which are important to me. Then about 10 minutes later I got an email from Fuelly tellming me to hold off synching, it was a little too late for that. Has anyone else had a similar issue? If so, how did you fix it?
Don't worry, we will get your service records restored, just don't delete the app and be patient. We need some time to get a few server and app issues resolved then we will be focusing on individual issues.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:12 AM   #35
Registered Member

So the backup I sent to Fuelly will not work with GC 3.0? As it is right now all of my data is gone.
hayduke98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:36 AM   #36
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayduke98 View Post
So the backup I sent to Fuelly will not work with GC 3.0? As it is right now all of my data is gone.
the backup is a backup of the GasCubby 2.7 database. It's a copy of your data prior to migration. We are working on a tool that will let you use that URL to do a fresh migration so your data will be restored. Just don't delete the email with the URL and don't delete the app from your phone.

We will be able to help you soon but as of this exact moment our team is focused on how to handle a few bugs. Once we have those resolved we will be able to focus on individual user customer support. I'm very very sorry about this poor 1st experience you are having with the new app and Fuelly and want you to understand we are going to get things right and REALLY appreciate your patience!
Old 09-04-2016, 03:03 PM   #37
Registered Member

lose data after upgrade to v3

Hi,

when open GC for first time after v3 upgrade (on ios9) I choose the backup to email. After downloading from url link the sqlite file, I don't know how to use it on v3 and restore all my car data (from the day that I bought it).

Anyone's help would be appreciated...I wrote to the Support, but no answer

Thanks.

cheers,

Rui.
martinsru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 05:34 PM   #38
Registered Member

Importing data

I have the back up file I made in my email before I updated. I no longer have any entries on my app but why can't I just upload the backup file to this site and sync it to my device? It has to be in .CSV format, is there a way to convert the backup file to .CSV?
FNDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 01:16 AM   #39
Registered Member

I believe it shall be the solution for all those who lost their data after upgrade to be able to upload the backup to the web and then to sync it to the mobile app.
It's a pity that it takes so long to fuelly to solve it, and in the meantime we are unable to use the app we paid for before...
Grofur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 02:54 AM   #40
Registered Member

Thumbs down They ruined my data for more then 10 years

@31.08.2016. No answer from support.

alive is offline   Reply With Quote