Fixed: SQL Restore Instructions - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-07-2014, 12:27 PM   #1
Registered Member

SQL Restore Instructions

**UPDATE-**
For beta testers, Pro users, and those who already have their backup file/URL. Skip to post #23 in this thread or click here: http://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/sql...tml#post189628

--------------------
Problem: EMERGENCY - All my data is gone!
I deleted Gas Cubby and reinstalled and now I have no data!

Solution: Fortunately, there's an option to grab ONLY Gas Cubby data from an iTunes backup instead of the entire backup. First, download a program called
iExplorer- http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/

Alternatively, there are FREE options.
Ex: The following will BOTH need to be installed to achieve the same end result as iExplorer.
iPhone Backup Extractor- iPhone Backup Extractor for Windows and Mac - Recover your lost data
iFunBox- iFunbox | the File and App Management Tool for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch.

*The following is broken up into two parts. Please read through ALL the following steps before starting.*

v2.7.1 Users-
1. Open Gas Cubby. Tap Settings button on bottom left. Sync Setup-> Save Data Backup-> (if you've saved recently) tap Request Backup Link.
2. Check email. Follow link to download the *.sqlite backup file. Copy (not move) file to Desktop.
Skip to Part 1 Step 5.

Part I
1. Connect your device to your computer and open iExplorer
2. Navigate to Browse iTunes Backups > [your device's name] > Backup Explorer > App – “com.appcubby.gascubby” > Documents
3. Right-click on “tripdb.sqlite3” and View in Finder (Mac)
3a. Open in Explorer / View in Folder (Windows)
4. Now right-click on the revealed file and copy (not move) to Desktop
5. Rename the file to “tripdb.sqlite3” (no quotation marks)

Part II
6. In iExplorer, navigate to your device by name at the top of the left pane then Apps > Gas Cubby > Documents
7. You should see an existing “tripdb.sqlite3”, which you need to right-click and Delete (may take two attempts).
8. Click back on Desktop and drag-n-drop the “tripdb.sqlite3 file” (from step 5) to the Documents folder to which you navigated in step 6.

You've just transferred the backup file from your computer to your device, and it hopefully contains all your data from the last backup.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:48 PM   #2
Registered Member

I presume that as of iOS 8.3, these instructions are no longer accurate (?)
I get to Part II, Step 6 and have iExplorer just sits at Loading for the Gas Cubby app folder (seems to be documented in Macroplant | App folders in iOS 8.3 are empty. Why is...).
Alas as I did not realise the backup option was in the paid version (iTunes only states add support / no adds as the difference), after restoring my iPhone, I lost all my data and was hoping to get it back. The suggestion is to enable iTunes File Sharing in the app - is this possible in the free app/ paid app?

NEil

MrGadget2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:25 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGadget2000 View Post
I presume that as of iOS 8.3, these instructions are no longer accurate (?)
I get to Part II, Step 6 and have iExplorer just sits at Loading for the Gas Cubby app folder (seems to be documented in Macroplant | App folders in iOS 8.3 are empty. Why is...).
Alas as I did not realise the backup option was in the paid version (iTunes only states add support / no adds as the difference), after restoring my iPhone, I lost all my data and was hoping to get it back. The suggestion is to enable iTunes File Sharing in the app - is this possible in the free app/ paid app?

NEil
Thanks for the information! We'll see what we can do on our end. I'll edit the post once we have a fix in place.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:02 PM   #4
Registered Member

Any update on this?
kahleeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 02:18 PM   #5
Registered Member

I believe the ability to import in iOS 8.3 will be very useful. Since I switched to an iPhone with an upgraded iOS last month, I have not been able to use this app because I couldn't import historical data. Will this remain a challenge in all future releases?
ylubme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:20 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylubme View Post
I believe the ability to import in iOS 8.3 will be very useful. Since I switched to an iPhone with an upgraded iOS last month, I have not been able to use this app because I couldn't import historical data. Will this remain a challenge in all future releases?
Can you expand more on the issue? What is it that's keeping the restore from functioning?
Old 06-23-2015, 06:50 PM   #7
Registered Member

Well as MrGadget2000 originally pointed out once iOS upgraded to 8.3 then we cannot restore data using the sqlite file, which was from the old back up... Because I cannot open app directory. I have been collecting receipts and write down odometer reads...
ylubme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:56 PM   #8
Registered Member

I'm switching from iOS to Android and the biggest obstacle is the great amount of data I have in my Gas Cubby app(numerous cars and motorcycles). I would love to be able to use the Fuelly online app (and will gladly pay for it) but I can't find anything describing steps to export from Gas Cubby and import to Fuelly. Am I missing something? Can I help as a beta tester since I have the ability to continue to utilize both platforms?
philipr26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 01:25 PM   #9
Registered Member

Hi! I have been using gas cubby for about 4 years now and think that it is a great app. I was forced to restore my iphone to factory settings and basically start from scratch instead of a phone back so I upgraded gas cubby from the free version so that I could keep all of my data. Unfortunately, I am unable to restore this data. Please help!
zappafan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 04:08 PM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappafan1 View Post
Hi! I have been using gas cubby for about 4 years now and think that it is a great app. I was forced to restore my iphone to factory settings and basically start from scratch instead of a phone back so I upgraded gas cubby from the free version so that I could keep all of my data. Unfortunately, I am unable to restore this data. Please help!
Responded to your Help Desk ticket.